1957 Schwinn Hornet Deluxe

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked up this sweet 1957 Schwinn Hornet Deluxe off of Craigslist. New rims, new tires, all new bearings, new seat, nice wire basket (original?), old ringy-dingy bell on the handle bar (period correct?), barefoot pedals, not a dent or ding anywhere.

I just got it home a little bit and could not wait to go for a spin. She rides real smooth and very quiet. Sorry if the pictures turn out rough but I had to use my cell camera. I will take some tomorrow with my real camera if these look too bad. Adios..........

untitled3.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

Ought to be a fun ride. Those thinner tires make for a faster bike. Will give you something to do. Either leave it ratty or repaint. The basket is probably a newer Wald. If it was an original it would probably be mashed up in places.

This is going to be one of those "just leave it alone" bikes for my garage. I don't plan on doing anything other than riding it that way it is.

You've got Rat Fever for sure. :wink:

That is a sweet bike....saw it pop up a couple of times. You got a good deal on that bike too.

Pretty soon your garage is gonna be full!

deorman said:
Or maybe it's that Texas camper brotherhood. :wink:

If I'm not mistaken...Jim sells the things.

Maybe he could hook Uncle Stretch up with some good RV refrigerator repair shops. :wink:

Rat Rod said:
deorman said:
Or maybe it's that Texas camper brotherhood. :wink:

If I'm not mistaken...Jim sells the things.

Maybe he could hook Uncle Stretch up with some good RV refrigerator repair shops. :wink:

I do sell RVs for a living here in DFW and we deliver them anywhere in the lower 48.

Jim Vititow
McClain's RV Superstore
Luxury Sales Division
Denton, TX
817-929-2563 (cell)
[email protected]
http://www.mcclainsrv.com

Actually I have one just like it...can't rag on it too much. :wink: Plus he is a fellow Texan....Oh and they finally fixed my fridge in mine...two and a half months to replace the thermister...whatever that is ,but its cooling right now and has been for a week and a half .....YaHoo!!!! May hit the road this weekend...ah fishing and camping in airconditioned comfort.

thesuicideride said:
nice! is that a 24"?

It is a 26"

On a side note I was playing around with my iPhone tonight and downloaded this cool app where I can alter the colors on pictures. I took the old picture of this bike in color and made avaerything but the frame black & white and left the frame the original color.

Before
untitled3.jpg

After I altered it with the app
untitled.jpg

Back