1952 Schwinn ladies estate sale find

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped at estate sale yesterday. As always I make my first destination the garage. To my delight there was an old, ladies Schwinn sitting in the corner on a pair of flat tires. It had a bent fork and the handlebars were off a newer BMX style bike but I was still interested. Unfortunately it was priced at $75 which I thought was too much so I reluctantly passed.

Over the night I began to wonder if things that didn't sell yesterday would be half price today in an attempt to unload everything that hadn't already sold. I've been to other estate sales and this seems to be the trend. I also wondered if the bike would still be there.

Today I walked over at 9:02 and sure enough the bike was still there. I bought it just as the guy was putting the new updated, discounted price tag on it.

I rolled it home and was pretty pleased. Tires didn't even look that bad upon closer inspection. I will be replacing the fork and sending this one on to a new happy home.

736de57cb66fc26b3116a6dfe78e3912_zpsa0392f5d.jpg

Nice Bike , I think it would have been a steel at $75 good OG. paint ...

~RafaeL~

Back