1951 Huffman Mainliner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Stripping one down for a build and just thought it was really cool to see how it was painted originally. I think that it needs to be maroon and white again.

or blue house paint too. that is a shame cause that paint looks good

I got a blue one. Blue house paint over red house paint over blue OEM paint. Old house paint sticks really good too. Too gummy to wire wheel and paint stripper makes a gooey mess. Sandblasting is about the only way to go. I'd rather have rust.

Well the Roadmaster project didn't get as far along as I had hoped. I did get a very important part of this build though......a nice Huffman springer. Need to get this thing blasted and painted!

...Blue house paint over red house paint over blue OEM paint. Old house paint sticks really good too.
LOL, I have a 30s Schwinn ladies' frame that's maroon now, but where it's chipped, you can see it was blue. green, red, and several other colors.. :lol: It held my "most repaints" award until I got a 40s lightweight frame with paint that's thicker than a fender extra heavy guitar pick!!!! :shock:

Latest posts

Back