1951 Columbia Klunker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
1951 Columbia, built this up old school to ride the trails like they did back in the late 70s, so I tried to use parts that were only available in the late 70s to keep her authentic to the early MTBs.......Klunk On....
DSC01009.JPG

DSC01011.JPG

DSC01012.JPG

DSC01013.JPG

DSC01014.JPG

DSC01017.JPG

DSC01018.JPG

Last edited:
Awesome, neat looking bike - I love it!
That must be a heck of a ride especially offroad. Back to the roots of mountain biking :grin:.

I love this build as well. Is that a Worksman front drum brake? If so I would love to see a pic of the brake arm/cable side. Almost nobody posts pics of that side of them. I've been trying to find more pics of that side for brake arm to fork clamp ideas for the one I have.

I love this build as well. Is that a Worksman front drum brake? If so I would love to see a pic of the brake arm/cable side. Almost nobody posts pics of that side of them. I've been trying to find more pics of that side for brake arm to fork clamp ideas for the one I have.
Thanks for the positive words, yes it's a Worksman hub. I basically connected the brake arm to one of the holes in the fork drop out. I will post a picture today...

I like it. No mountain bike parts. Just cruiser, 70s road, 70s motorcycle and BMX stuff.
If you use mountain bike parts, its a neo-klunker.

Back