1950 schwinn starlet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The wife thought her letters on the tank looked kinda "boring" haha so I spiffed them up a bit. Glad I did also.
3de87ffd.jpg

I haven't posted any updates for quite some time now.. Been super busy with work.. Here is the wife's starlet almost completely done. What do y'all think? I will post some better pics in the light.. That was on the basement and the pics aren't all to bright.
DFC9921C-C7FC-47A4-88FC-D48AEEA8EC68-885-000002258010515E.jpg

833C9FC5-6B8F-4143-8830-23F4E10B973C-885-0000022587D66041.jpg

I need a delta headlight to finish it off.. Anybody have one for sale for a decent price hit me up.. Working and lense is important.. Don't care about rust I'm painting it. Thanks

Excellent work...that is a beautiful bike for sure! 8)

Where did you source the seat?

Re: Schwinn starlet? 1955?

ZbikerD said:
Stripped frame as far as possible with 4" grinder. Needs a little hand work and then it's going to get painted. Is the brazing common? I kinda like it raw..
d0e5cbeb.jpg

you say you used a 4" grinder what disk did you use ive got a rusty panther i planed on being patina but i wana clean it up and make it look nice, any tips to remove all and any rust? i dont have a lot of money, just basic tools like wrenches and hammer and ect.. i can arrow toold though like the grinder, help , me out i would appritiate it 8)

i was also on a budget, but yeah i used a 4 inch angle grinder and a wire wheel. it worked pretty well for the large open areas, but hand sanded the hard to reach areas. good luck

Back