1950 schwinn starlet

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to get 2 more coats of black on and then we shall see how it looks.. I have a few other peices to prime and coat yet.. Wheels being the other main thing I have to focus on now.. I want to get them done so they can cure and I can lace them up. The fenders need to be stripped and primed also.. I wish I had a little more time to work on this project. I am going to send the handlebars, and stem to a chrome shop to get re plated.. I want all the orriginal parts back on and in like new condition. Thanks for looking guys. I'll have more updates soon

Thanks dude! I have been really busy and havent had much time to work on it at all.. This next week hole to get a day or two ta get some more coats on and get the tape pulled, the. A few more touches I have in mind and the paint should be all wrapped up. Gettin paint on would be huge! It's most definatly the most time consuming part, especially with what I have in mind. Thanks again for looking and comments/criticism appreciated.

Peel the tape you say??? I did just that. Turned out pretty slick I think.. An oh yeah I have a few more final touches I still need to do.
ccf2f5c6.jpg

a021f4d9.jpg

773f6185.jpg

It's the small details that matter right? The fork turned out better than I thought.
e05bf679.jpg

fc407c0a.jpg

d1ea436c.jpg

Couldn't be a starlet without the stars right?
dd37ab9f.jpg

Looking Good,Nice paint work! :mrgreen:

You have to be the BEST ive ever seen at taping stuff off! I dont know how you do it! If you said how you did and I missed it, im sorry, but it looks so rad, all I saw were pictures.

Thanks a lot dude. I traced the old graphic before I stripped the tank on tracing paper.. Made copies and cut it out with an exacto knife.. Put on some blue tape and stenciled it on, cut it out again with exacto. Worked pretty nice. The stars were stickers from wal mart.

So the line isn't perfect on my first pass through but it will be. I will be doing the white break line on the tank And on the chaingaurd. Should make things pop a little more I think.
9f7a9099.jpg

SWEET PAINT JOB!! MAN YOU MADE IT LOOK FACTORY!!HOW ABOUT A LITTLE BLACK ON THE CHAINGUARD WHERE THOSE LINES ARE.IF YOU MAKE IT REAL THIN THEY WOULD LOOK LIKE VENTS.JUST AN :idea: I AM IMPRESSED WITH YA BIKE ...NOW GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I was thinking of doing that... But it would be a little tricky I think.. And I kinda just want to get the darn thing cleared and put back together. Winter is coming up on us here soon, so I really wNt it finished before then. Thanks for the compliments.

Chaingaurd is just about finished also.. Just wanted to share a pic. The wife liked the shaded letters. So we rolled with it.
fb8b52a2.jpg

396eec26.jpg

YEAH BABY!! IT JUST GET'S BETTER EVERYTIME I SEE IT!! STAY BUILDIN'!! PEACE

I have been super busy with work and have had no time to for the bike biut i did get clear on these parts and for the heck of it mocked it up like this.. Hard to see kinda but I think it looks pretty cool.
e0c378bd.jpg

0f8cb9a7.jpg

So I managed to do a littlw work on the bike this weekend and assembled it this far. I'm very happy with the results.. I still am working on the fenders and rack but as of now it will be rideable with seat pedals and handlebars. I want to get the bars re-chromed because I want to keep it completely orriginal, even though just buying a new set is much easier.
Let me know what ya think.
4d172c0d.jpg

26288784.jpg

d1c0152b.jpg

Oh yeah I built my own wheels, with the help of YouTube and patience I'm a thripple crossing fool. Haha
338e2eae.jpg

Way too cool. My first rattle can restore was on a '56 Starlet that had the same white and rose paint scheme under about five coats of bright red hardware store paint applied by brush- right down to the chain and tires. I went with green and ivory, which actually was available on similar model girl's bikes. I really like the pink and black that you did, and the stars are just perfect.

JWM

Thanks.. Yeah I kinda wanted to keep orriginal scheme but with different colors.. I thought the black and pink would be pretty sharp, turns out I am glad I went with it. But I know that after using krylon I will be spraying enamels from now on for projects like this. I have conventional sprayers to use with a compressor.. Much better IMO. But I'm happy with the results on this bike for sure. I still have the fenders to do, will be a little bit, due to moving and such.

Back