1948 Speed King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 1948 Speed King. Patina monster to the max! Hood Ornaments from a 1948 Nash Ambassador and a early 50's Cadillac are used. The only things new will be the chain, wheels and tires. This bikes frame and handle bars sat outside in my dad's back field for ten years. I have tried to be creative without making the bike to gawdy. Let me know what you think. I was really shooting for the patina art deco look. I still need to get the chain, chainguard and grips installed.

48SpeedKing1.jpg

Cool ride...lots of patina and art deco on that one! :D Is that your 61 Chevy? I'm guessing by your handle and the stance of the car that you have air ride on it 8) 8) 8)

I know sorry about the shiny wheels but you gotta have a little bling. I will try and get them to dirty up a little bit. But I wanted to make it as ridable as possible. Plus I already had the new wheels so it made sense. I got very little invested in this project so I used what I had in the attic.

And yes that is a 61 Impala. Fawn beige with matching interior Running 18 and 20" wheels on bags.

that is one great looking bike! uniformly crusty and the wheel/tire combo are on the money! 8) dont quite get the stacked rear fender, but then ive never seen one like it either. great job :)

Back