1948 Excelsior Schwinn??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'm helping a neighbor out with this one. He picked this up yesterday. The headbadge is missing buttheres an outline there that matches the Excelsior & Cycle Truck style of headbadge perfectly. The Serial number puts at as a 1948 Schwinn built on 9-22-48. The chain guard is aftermarket and I'm sure the tires are too. The photos don't do the bike any justice! It's been well cared for and preserved. Any help is appreciated!!

1948ExcelsiorSchwinn001-vi.jpg

1948ExcelsiorSchwinn002-vi.jpg

More pics here:
http://public.fotki.com/ChipsMahoy/bike ... r-schwinn/

I don't think the chain guard is aftermarket. Is that a 24" or a 26" bike? A closer pic of the guard would help. Gary

I read your title all wrong. I thought it said 1948 Exerciser Schwinn
I clicked expecting to see a giant skiptooth chainring. :p :p

You could always make one KF if you wanted one.

I'll try to get a better shot of the chain guard. It has the funky looking attachment brackets that don't look time something from that era would have.

Chips_Mahoy said:
You could always make one KF if you wanted one.

I'll try to get a better shot of the chain guard. It has the funky looking attachment brackets that don't look time something from that era would have.

With the clamp at the rear, you may be right...aftermarket. All postwar Schwinn guards atached to the tabs on the frame. No clamps. My bad. :oops: Gary

kingfish254 said:
I read your title all wrong. I thought it said 1948 Exerciser Schwinn
I clicked expecting to see a giant skiptooth chainring. :p :p
I know exactly how you feel... :lol:

Latest posts

Back