1948 Columbia almost done

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm riding it but I still want to do a few more things to her. :D
20120613111922.jpg

Here's the link to where I started last year.
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=44520
I went with a repop rear fender, the old one was pretty thrashed, but I did fashion some old flat braces to match the front. Yard sale rack from a 70's Schwinn with the rat trap removed, repurposed front wheel from the same yard sale that I painted, aftermarket rear wheel. Repop seat, still have the springer seat that was on the bike, needs some TLC so I'll probably stick with the new one. I'm undecided on trying to fashion a skiptooth cog for the rear since I have the skiptooth sprocket and chain, I kinda like the red and black 1/2" pitch one on there now.
20120613112036.jpg

20120613112011.jpg

Things left to do: headlight, maybe a frame insert between the top tubes, since this was my father's bike I'm thinkin' about a tribute to him, a wooden crate attached to the rack with something like "Lowell's Speed Shop" painted on it.

Very cool bike. This is one of those bikes that I can't pick one thing that stands out as my favorite part, like on some other builds, I just like EVERYTHING about it. The paint scheme is great! Love the satin finish, and the red/black theme. Great work!!

Back