1940's hawthorne

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i got this 1940's hawthorne for x-mas this year. it's a skiptooth complete riding bike. not sure if another company that made the bike the frame is very close to my huffman i just got rid of. found this bike on craig's list and drove alittle over a haft hour to get for $100. best x-mas gift ever. i'm going to go a chevy orange and white on this bike. but for now i'm just going to ride it around.
newbike.jpg

Really nice bike .It looks alot like the 42 westfield I just got. I'm betting the frame design or build was by westfield too. You ought to check the mesurements sometime and I bet the cheapie repop $25 tanks will fit that one too. Maybe just me but the forks look a little bent back in that picture.

If it were mine, I would go as long as I could without painting it... That paint, while not perfect, is still nice enough to look good and beat up just enough to look cool in my opinion... Nice score man!

i think the forks are alittle bent but every thing clears and nothing rubs so i'm leaving them on till i find something better. and the paint was put on with a paint brush around 30 or 40 years ago. so monday when i get to work i'm stripping it down and spraying it with jasco and going from there.

A decent bike shop should be able to unbend that fork.

My LBS has a tool that looks like a car jack and they do it all the time.

Great lookin' ride...I like the original paint too.

Latest posts

Back