1940 Columbia Skip tooth... haunted?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to have a haunted dodge deuce and a half (we just called it that) and the thing started on fire, got the two guys in the cab and it hit a dude. it creeped my mom out so we had to sell it. And those are cool grips!

Nice bike as well, wonder what the person ate to do that to the seat :shock:

Great story (tragic but interesting)...amazing bike. First off,loose the knobby,dirt track,plow the back 40 tires.Then hit the thrift stores in your area & find a nicely worn leather coat,jacket or vest,on the cheap,go to your local upholsterer & get it recovered...
that's what I do...good luck & let us see how you progress...P 8)

Outskirts, my high school friend had a 57 2 door that was factory light green.
I think it was a hardtop, not a 2 dr post. I'll have to ask him. He ran the snot out of that 'ol 318. :D

jerrykr said:
I think it was a hardtop, not a 2 dr post. I'll have to ask him. He ran the snot out of that 'ol 318. :D
Are you sure it was a '57 FURY and not a Belvedere that looked almost identical? According to what I have read and what Wikipedia says "The Fury was a sub-series of the Plymouth Belvedere from 1956 through 1958. It was sold only as an off-white 2-door hardtop coupé with gold anodized aluminum trim in 1956, 1957, and 1958."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Fury

outskirtscustoms said:
jerrykr said:
Are you sure it was a '57 FURY and not a Belvedere that looked almost identical? According to what I have read and what Wikipedia says "The Fury was a sub-series of the Plymouth Belvedere from 1956 through 1958. It was sold only as an off-white 2-door hardtop coupé with gold anodized aluminum trim in 1956, 1957, and 1958."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plymouth_Fury

I think his was a Belvedere now that you mention it. I'll have to ask him next time we do lunch.
I just remember that he jacked up the front end to give it a front to back rake that was popular at the time.
He "adjusted" the torsion bar front suspension to put the grill in the air. :D
tire wear.... what's that?????? :mrgreen:

Back