1939 Hawthorne rat!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e0c10f9a.jpg

Hello all from a newbie,
I just wanted to share my new little hobby with all you rat fans. I got this bike off of a huge pile of other old rusty bikes. When I got this bike it was 100% complete but because of my addiction to changing things to the way I like them, I decided to splurge on some new tires which cost more than I spend on my truck tires!,put on a schwinn sweetheart sprocket and rip off the chaingaurd, add some apes and grease every bearing on the bike. Well, this is what I came up with and I have a feeling that I'm far from done! I also have about 3 other bikes that ou might wanna watch for!
Thanks everybody,

John.

absolutly a great transformation and yes i personatly will love to see the others :wink:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Nice bike :wink: Did you take any other bikes in that pile :?
thanks,
you know I did! I also got a 1935 Hawthorne that I was trying to sell but nobody is willing to give me what I want for it. Not to mention that I need another Rat project!!! I also took a few old frames "a rollfast and a schwinn which the sweetheart come off!" there are still many more there and I think I'm just gonna offer the guy one price for the whole lot of them just to make him feel appreciated. "which I do totally appreciate him!"
like I said, keep your eye out for more rust from me:)

John,
Glad you took my advice and stopped by to show off your bike(s)! Lots of very cool people on this forum. If you don't know, feel free to ask. Lots of knowledge here!

Joe

John c said:
SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Nice bike :wink: Did you take any other bikes in that pile :?
thanks,
you know I did! I also got a 1935 Hawthorne that I was trying to sell but nobody is willing to give me what I want for it. Not to mention that I need another Rat project!!! I also took a few old frames "a rollfast and a schwinn which the sweetheart come off!" there are still many more there and I think I'm just gonna offer the guy one price for the whole lot of them just to make him feel appreciated. "which I do totally appreciate him!"
like I said, keep your eye out for more rust from me:)
Cool, I would definitely offer the guy money for his whole pile :wink:

This is my number one, favorite bike on this whole site. I would leave my Harley at home and ride this thing around town.

Back