1936 Schwinn Tall Straightbar Rat Racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that's not just your run of the Mill Straight bar Frame !

~RafaeL~

The first set of bars looked interesting but also looked uncomfortable at best, I like the new ones much better! The lucky 7 looked better (to me) in the first pix but I'm sure you swapped it around for a better riding position.

Very cool bike, looks fun to ride!:cool2:

Thanks for the comments.
Yeah, I have a long stem I'm considering putting on it so I can flip the lucky 7 seat post back forward facing (I like that look much better too), but it feels better with the extra room. I'll keep tweaking it until it feels just right, and I'll keep ya posted.

Nice riding with you on the Cruz! Didn't know you got a RRB account!

Switching those bars was an excellent idea. INteresting frame. Looks even taller than the typical tall-boy Schwinn of the era. Was it modified at some point?

Yes, good eye. This is extra tall and I was told that the top tube was replaced. I imagine it was originally a motorbike style with the top tube being straight and just the part that attaches to the seat post being bent, like this other tall boy I have....

Back