1936 Elgin Project - BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1936 Elgin Project - Update 10/21

sensor said:
good color combo.......what color are you going to do the stripes(assuming that you are doing them)?

I was thinking either black or silver, but I'm not sure I am going to try at all. My hands are not that steady and I am afraid I'll mess it up.

Looks good!
Sean

looking good Dan! frame's not bad either LOL ew. sorry.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
looking good Dan! frame's not bad either LOL ew. sorry.

You have a soft spot for genetic misfits.

Dan, that's looking awesome! Had you considered red stripes? That would really be flashy.

Chris

Looking good Dan! Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks guys. I should have the paint work finished Monday night, but the bike has a LONG way to go. The rims, bars, pedals, crank, and everything else is coated in several layers of paint. It is all going to have to come apart and get redone. I will post pics as things progress!

I want to do stripes on it, but i don't know how it will come out. Maybe I will practice some and give it a try.

Dan

Dan ,
Looking good. Glad to see this project is coming together. Soon we can have an Elgin Owners Only ride in North Hampton for Burgers n Beer!

joe

Jeez Dan, I'm diggin the color combo. Not sure if you should keep the arrow on the forks though. As for the striping, I think and light green would be good. I hope whoever painted that will put a clear coat on it. My 2 cents would be to lightly wet sand it with 1500 or 2000 around the scallops and skim the frame then clear it if you havent already. That paint will pop like Pee Wee Hermans popcorn bucket :shock:

Re: 1936 Elgin Project - Update 10/12/2011

Back from a 2 year break on this bike! Wheels painted, laced to a pair of finned Elgin hubs, original fenders, bars, and seat got ditched. Has a few bugs to work out and I still need a cool pair of pedals (these belong to another bike). NOS EA light and horn because I wanted to copy Yeshoney.

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1594.jpg

Back