1934??? Iver Johnson?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My boss gave me this bike instead of letting it rot in his back yard from the research i've done I believe it's a 34 iver Johnson. It's missing the head badge, and the serial number is tough to make out I belive it says 589534. It has a dog leg crank, skip tooth sprocket, and a clothes pin saddle, the pedals read persons. Any help id'ing and evaluating the bike further would be greatly appreciated, still on the fence if I want to do a full on resto or just get it back to working riding order.
5jtu8h.jpg
2nanzaq.jpg
4ufi1y.jpg
34xhk6e.jpg
16kqall.jpg
9jodqt.jpg
28somrc.jpg
igalhk.jpg
cheers, Brent

Cool bike Brent. Looks like you just solved a mystery for me. I have a set of fenders on a PreWar Schwinn down in the basement that are similar to those. Looks like your reflector is missing though.

RatSphinx said:
Cool bike Brent. Looks like you just solved a mystery for me. I have a set of fenders on a PreWar Schwinn down in the basement that are similar to those. Looks like your reflector is missing though.
thanks! glad to help, and yeah its missing the reflector chain gaurd and head badge

Is it the picture angle, or does it have BFD? (bent fork disease)

almost looks like the lower down tube might have bent in too.

Back