1923 Ranger, nearly complete!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've always loved Motorbikes, and I've especially always loved the Mead Rangers. I finally found one that was above my price range, but still reasonable. I bought it, and my friend picked it up for me. A few weeks ago I went to his Organ (w/ cello) recital in Northern Ohio to get the bike. I brought it home, took a couple of pictures, and then started making the renovations I've always wanted to make on an old bike for a long time. I'd built a set of wheels for another bike that I realized was never going to be finished, but they fit perfectly on this bike. It's a Sturmey Archer X-FDD (dynamo drum brake) hub in the front, and a Shimano Nexus 8 speed coaster brake in the rear. The only things left to do are add a chainguard (which requires a dogleg) so I can commute on this thing, and a headlight. I chose the Schmidt Edelux headlight as it has a similar shape as the original ranger headlights, but even though it's smaller, has a very powerful LED light. I hope to eventually restore the Aristocrat seat as it seems quite comfortable, and I'm waiting for the "Coke Bottle" grips to arrive.

Before:

DSC_2268.jpg

After:

DSC_2308.jpg

DSC_2309.jpg

More pictures at:

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x479/elginkid/1923 Mead Ranger/

Wes

you have a sweet piece of bicycle history right there! :mrgreen: the wheels/gears upgrade looks really fine too. nice work.

SWEEEEET! Thats a beautiful peice.

Latest posts

Back