1890's chop finished With riding video added

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok first off you have to forgive my dead grass background , two months without rain and the chinchbugs destroyed my yard.
Anyway got the thing built. Tried lots of different parts and some different colors , this is what I ended up with. Still a few things needing attention. Have to get a 1/2 link and move my back tire back a little more where I can rotate the 3 speed shifter and make the cable fit right. Got a clunk in my Nexus ...which means the sprocket is worn and needs to be changed . I have several ,but its pulling the back wheel again to change it.Pooie. It rides good and the shifter under the seat works like a charm. the best place for one. So here it is hope yall like the final product.

builddone001.jpg

builddone002.jpg

builddone003.jpg

builddone004.jpg

builddone005.jpg

Re: 1890's chop finished

that looks killer paul! :mrgreen: like the two tone paint better than all black.bet your neighbors wonder whats going on,everytime you reach down to shift gears! :lol: :lol:

Looks Excellent.....love the two tone also!

Thanks everybody ...glad you like it. I was going to do the normal scallops in the off white ,but I figured this wasnt really an old bike so I tried for a style a little newer. I think it came off pretty good. It added a little something to an otherwise straight black paint job.

Beautiful Bicycle!! Black forks are definitely the right choice. The shifter looks excellent there. One knit pick (and I really dislike when others do this so apologies in advance) See if you can strap that cable to the seat stay so it doesn't hang in the breeze. It would hide the shifter even more. I'd like to see another riding video too.

What a great looking build. I love how the frame follows the rim curve. That particular detail sets this bike off from the rest of the herd! Awesome!!! Two thumbs up!!! Rock on with your bad self!!!

Skip that cable is really hard stuff . I shortened it a bunch , And the part that goes on housing wont index around anymore because it hits the frame. If I could turn it one more time the cable would run along that bar and be out of sight. I need a half link or maybe grind a spot in that one seat stay where it will clear. Ill get a chance to mess with it tomorrow. I was tired today.
It was an interesting build . That many curved tubes is kinda hard to put together without the right place. Like I said in the build ...if I did another I would build it on a flat surface where all the tubes would lay flat ... tack everything and then weld it all together. Would be alot easier....but I'm learning. :shock:
Glad everybody likes it...Kinda different.

It turned out a better choice than the white one. I kinda likes the triple tree one ,but nobody else seemed to. I was going to stick a monarck on it ,but the head tube length was quiet a bit different and it would be alot of spacers. :cry: Probably would have looked good though.

That is one wild a crazy build alrighty....looks very cool!

Love the shifter location...does seem like the perfect place.

Ok I fixed the shifter cable,changed the rear sprocket ,and seated the rear tire right. Man it rides like the wind. I rode around the neighborhood and everybody wanted to ride it. It gets lots of attention. Its funny to watch 5 old retired fat guys ,silently staring at a bike. Then they all wanted to ride. Anyway I guess I wont cut this one up. :wink: Here is another riding video.

I love this bike! Looks SOOOO comfortable.

It rides like a dream,I rode it around a few minutes ago and I'm not a big bike riding person. maybe this one will change me. Glad yall like the way it turned out. It kinda looks funny in the video with the top bar being so low. You dont really notice it when you ride.

Back