10 speed muscle bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This looks to be a '70-72 era Sears 10 speed muscle bike that came to me from craigslist. It's pretty rusty, the cables are locked up tight and so are the derailluers and chain. What is it? Do I part it out or fix it up?

seaars10spd2.jpg

sears10spd.jpg

It is a Sears Spyder. It looks complete too. They have the same design frame as the spaceliner but in 24 inch. The 10 speed is more rare then the 5 speed model. I say clean it up and ride it as is.

IT'S GOT FREAKIN' DUAL BRAKES ON THE REAR!! SWEET :shock: GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Jake Sensi said:
IT'S GOT FREAKIN' DUAL BRAKES ON THE REAR!! SWEET :shock: GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

My old Screamer 2 had dual rear brakes and no front brakes.

kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

Almost all of the multi speed Sears Spyder bikes had duel rear brakes back then. it was a concidered "Safety feature"..back then, to keep kids from flying over the handle bars when hitting the front brake to hard!

Murray-Eliminator said:
kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

Almost all of the multi speed Sears Spyder bikes had duel rear brakes back then. it was a concidered "Safety feature"..back then, to keep kids from flying over the handle bars when hitting the front brake to hard!

They were more worried about boys becoming Eunuchs on the stick shifter!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Murray-Eliminator said:
kingfish254 said:
Jake Sensi said:

NO WAY WOULD YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE BIKES WHEN I WAS YOUNG. COME AROUND THE CORNER WITH ONE IT WAS EITHER TAKEN OR YA GOT YA BUTT WHIPPED FOR IT!! NO KIDDIN'!! STEERING WHEEL-BEATDOWN, TALL SISSY BAR-BEATDOWN, STICK SHIFT-MORE OF THE SAME. THAT'S WHY WHEN I SEE THEM NOW I BE LIKE-WHERE 'D HE GET THAT FROM?!? AH THE GOOD OLD DAYS :shock: HEY B STOP LAUGHING!! :lol: PEACE

I'm always in aww when I see original prices in old catalogs of stuff we now pay hundreds or thousands for. Especially bikes, cars and motorcycles.

Back