$10 Mystery Cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This evening while browsing CL I came accross an ad with the title "Crusier bike - $10".

Here's what was in the ad:

"Crusier bike that needs to be finished.
Frame was painted and ready to reassemble.
Needs new crank set bearings.
All the parts are wrapped up in plastic."

mysterycruiser.jpg

I talked to the gentleman that is selling it, he said that his son was building it, but moved to NY before finishing it. He has no idea what brand it is. All his son told him was that it was repainted & needed bearings for the cranks.

I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning. I'll post more pictures when I unwrap it!

Well worth $10 just in the tires, let alone wheels, and everything in the wrap. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Professionally painted? if it's wrapped up like that, it's a good possibility. Maybe even powder coated!

mikesbikes36 said:
WELL.........................

Hold your horses........lol

Been working @ the J-O-B!

Here's the mystery:

Generic looking frame. It has been painted, far from professionally painted. But for $10 I ain't crying.

SDC10885.jpg

SDC10886.jpg

Bendix RB2 CB Hub!

SDC10883.jpg

SDC10882.jpg

SDC10884.jpg

I spy the camo paint in the background there. Is that a hint tword this project? :mrgreen: Little shining and some paint and it'll look great.

outskirtscustoms said:
I spy the camo paint in the background there. Is that a hint tword this project? :mrgreen: Little shining and some paint and it'll look great.

Good eye!! That's two cans of camo flat black & one can off self etching primer. It is indeed going to be used on this frame....that is if what I have planned for the frame goes as planned.........

I plan on cutting & flipping the rear of the frame. I'll be posting pics in the build section soon.

Huero Fabulous said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Good eye!! That's two cans of camo flat black & one can off self etching primer. It is indeed going to be used on this frame....that is if what I have planned for the frame goes as planned.........

I plan on cutting & flipping the rear of the frame. I'll be posting pics in the build section soon.

Sweet, What does flipping the rear do? Does that lower it?

Huero Fabulous said:
outskirtscustoms said:

Sweet, What does flipping the rear do? Does that lower it?

Yeah, I saw it down on a build here on RRB. I can not find the link to the build, but when I find it, I'll post it.

Back