1 Cool Rat Bug

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at a car show in Gimli Manitoba Canada last weekend and this was my favorite car there. I have not seen it before. It has been done with a lot of cool mods. It had a little accident with a deer. The bandaid speaks for itself. The car will be featured on My Classic Cars TV show in the future. Dennis Gage spent 45 minutes filming with the owner at a car show somewhere in the USA awhile back. Gimli is where Crown Royal whiskey is brewed. I bought a couple tickets for $700 worth of Crown Royal and other liquor from the distilery. Draw date is Aug 4.
I will post more pics from the show later. Lots of rods.

DSC03131.jpg

DSC03132.jpg

DSC03056.jpg

DSC03057.jpg

DSC03058.jpg

DSC03059.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

wow the stripping on the hood is stunning. what did it say on the deck lid it looks like sour krout which is the name jessie james named the drag bug on monster garage. made me wonder if it was his? very cool although try to steer a bug with one of those little dinky steering wheels and you will want to put a big one back on :mrgreen:

I did not get a chance to talk to the owner. The lettering is Sour Kraut. The bug was built in Gimli area. It was found in a field about 20 miles north of Gimli. I was born in Gimli and lived in the town where this bug was found. I was 4 when we moved away. I love the town of Gimli. It is an Icelandic town. The first weekend of Aug is the Icelandic festival. They also have a dragway there. The quick 8 is on that weekend. The cars run in the 7's/8/s. I most likely will go.

wow a drag bug too huh? well 7 and 8's makes me think that we are talking 1/8th mile stuff? not bad whats in there for a motor?

I have a soft spot for cool bugs. I mentioned the drag races, the bug is not a racer. I think it would be fast, has a new big inch motor and new drivetrain but it was not made for racing.

vanilla_gorilla said:
jesse james' vdub dragster also titled sour kraut is pretty wicked looking its covered in that cultured rust stuff

only thing i want from jesse james is jesses girl.

he can keep the rest.

Back