TRADITIONAL ☠️⚠️ ɛʟ քɛʟɨɢʀօֆօ ⚠️☠️

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a Mexican blanket like that in highschool use to set it under a tree in front of the school and "play checkers" @MattiThundrrr was there to but he may not remember because we played a lot "checkers"

And the lord said, "King me".

Screenshot_20240509-204656_Google.jpg

PSA kids

Prescription glasses are not safety glasses

They will not keep debris from getting in your eye while using a flapper wheel

Luckily the eyewash kit from Walgreens got it out. No harm

I've made that mistake with using a bench grinder wheel without side goggles. Nothing got in my eye that hurt, but when I went to bed and closed my eyes, I would see hundreds of bright spots. Then I realized those were all little teeny tiny pieces of metal or debris that made its way into my eye socket. I always use side goggles ever since then.

I've made that mistake with using a bench grinder wheel without side goggles. Nothing got in my eye that hurt, but when I went to bed and closed my eyes, I would see hundreds of bright spots. Then I realized those were all little teeny tiny pieces of metal or debris that made its way into my eye socket. I always use side goggles ever since then.
I’ve just been wearing my prescriptions a lot more lately and when I was a habitual contact wearer I was constantly aware of my safety and PPE. I think I just absent mindedly associated having glasses on my face for my safety lenses. Which of course the aren’t

I’ve just been wearing my prescriptions a lot more lately and when I was a habitual contact wearer I was constantly aware of my safety and PPE. I think I just absent mindedly associated having glasses on my face for my safety lenses. Which of course the aren’t
Mancine Optical in New Jersey will mail order prescription safety glasses with side shields to your door. I have been using them for years, good prices too. Many styles all with OSHA certs.

https://www.mancineoptical.com/

I use store bought readers to see small stuff close up, so I wear them a lot working on bikes and I’ve also made the mistake of thinking I had safety glasses on when using the bench grinder or wire wheel

Operation Easy Off was stopped at the perimeter. It softened the color but not considerably. Just enough to make it all flat and lose some top coat. Brushed on some cheap Ace hardware paint stripper and things started happening. Noxious things! Should have cleaned the oven cleaner off first! 🤣🥴

Anyhow all I did was succeed in making a hot mess. Gonna see if the local guy will sandblast it for me while I’m gone with the Mrs on vacation at the end of the week

Seems it really depends on the paint/method used. Physical (wire brush/sanding) always seems reliable with simple dust/particulate protection with less worry of the chemical off-gassing... but such a chore and such a mess as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Operation Easy Off was stopped at the perimeter. It softened the color but not considerably. Just enough to make it all flat and lose some top coat. Brushed on some cheap Ace hardware paint stripper and things started happening. Noxious things! Should have cleaned the oven cleaner off first! 🤣🥴

Anyhow all I did was succeed in making a hot mess. Gonna see if the local guy will sandblast it for me while I’m gone with the Mrs on vacation at the end of the week
Small parts I'll put in the oven apply it warm works better bigger parts I'll wrap in garbage bags and sit for 24 hours

Small parts I'll put in the oven apply it warm works better bigger parts I'll wrap in garbage bags and sit for 24 hours
Ditto. I did a black plastic drop cloth for it but it didn’t activate much more

Have only had the Easy Off work well for paint one time on an old Schwinn. Even then it only softened the top layer. Spray on Aircraft remover is my go to for paint. If it’s powder coat only options are burning/blasting.
Seems it really depends on the paint/method used. Physical (wire brush/sanding) always seems reliable with simple dust/particulate protection with less worry of the chemical off-gassing... but such a chore and such a mess as well. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks guys. I know MEK will knock it right off but unfortunately I don’t have any ATM and like everything else even the potency has been diluted thanks to the environmentalists

Thanks guys. I know MEK will knock it right off but unfortunately I don’t have any ATM and like everything else even the potency has been diluted thanks to the environmentalists
Bummer they nerfed the aircraft remover. Last can I had was the good stuff.
1715641495664.png

If it doesn’t have a Jolly Roger on the can it isn’t any good.

loop illustration GIF by Walter Newton

Back