☆★☆BIG JIM☆★☆ BUILD THREAD RRB-BO#8 A.G. 2013 (1ST PLACE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. DRIVETRAIN PROGRESS AT LAST!

Wow! Throw a motor on it and take it to your local bike night! Looks awesome!

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. NEW SEAT AND DISTRACTION.

The Renaissance Man said:
Keep it up! :!: :!: :!:
Will do!

Turtlesixfour said:
Wow! Throw a motor on it and take it to your local bike night! Looks awesome!
:lol:

Not much progress today, did find a new seat at the dumpshop, same as the old one, but in better condition and in black, which will suit the bike better:

9268783686_964815cd4a.jpg

This is what has been distracting me the last few days, we had to come up with a better sleeping arrangement than what we used on the way up, so decided we were going to use a tent but did not want to get ants and snakes inside, never mind those carnivorous Kangaroos...

9268783746_fd0363d3d2.jpg

9268783792_bd5f74fb07.jpg

The deck splits in two and all the legs slip off with the undoing of a wing bolt, so nice and light to lift in and out of the trailer...

More on the bike soon...

Luke.

Nice job luke , that platform is sweet , and i like the progress you did on the bike

Snakes and ants never bothered me,its .... mozzies and that 1 fly that wakes you up in the morning....
Bikes coming along great,cant wait until the spraying starts... :D

That really is a cool idea for the tent. Now if you could make it so that it folds up to fit in a backpack, you could make a fortune :lol:

Sure glad we don't have snakes in New Zealand... :wink:

dang you got some serious critters down there!!!!!!

Troy

If the ants climb the legs, set them in tins of water. If that don't work, substitute the water with gas. If that don't work, light the gas. :p
:shock: uhhhhm, yea you got to uhmm, kill them with fire huh :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll:

If the ants climb the legs, set them in tins of water. If that don't work, substitute the water with gas. If that don't work, light the gas. :p
:shock: uhhhhm, yea you got to uhmm, kill them with fire huh :shock: :lol: :lol: :roll:

:lol: It is not meant to stop everything, mainly just get us of the ground away from the creepy crawlies and on a nice flat surface for sleeping! :lol:

Hope to be working on the bike soon, health been down a bit so not pushing real hard at the moment... Might have a riding bike tomorrow if I have a productive day though... 8)

Luke.

For everyone who has been been wondering why Luke's present bike has such big wide tyres and such a long reinforced frame.

It all comes out in understanding his holiday mid point.
There aren't many crocodiles that will come out ahead if they take on luke's bike.
It might be the reason for holding off on the paint job too.

Some people have croc skin wallets, some croc skin boots.
If one tangles with Luke - croc skin bike! :shock:

Stay safe on your way back Luke.

Re: ☆★☆Ꭼsє LᎾ₡Ꮎ JᎾKᎬЯ!☆★☆ RRBO#8. JACKSHAFT BUILT + INSTALLED!

Jackshaft progress!

Got something done at last on the jackshaft, taken some days to get it to this point, but not far of being rideable now... :mrgreen:

9292043674_70301999f6.jpg

9292043718_88846574e3.jpg

I have to adjust the lower chain stay out a little as the chain just hits it and add more bracing to the chain side jackshaft mount to stop flex when braking, but other than that it is all running smoothly, I predict I will have some issues when it comes time to mount the brake calliper though, always a fiddly job and I never seem to learn... :roll:

Better photos and more progress soon, ran out of light today.

Luke.

That is massive! Love how the disc will be there rather than the wheel.

Lookin Good Luke!

We're all rootin for ya!

:mrgreen:

This is looking cool! You don't need to cover any of the drive train up with covers. I like seeing all of the engineering!

LukeTheJoker said:
Jackshaft progress!

Got something done at last on the jackshaft, taken some days to get it to this point, but not far of being rideable now... :mrgreen:

9292043674_70301999f6.jpg

9292043718_88846574e3.jpg

I have to adjust the lower chain stay out a little as the chain just hits it and add more bracing to the chain side jackshaft mount to stop flex when braking, but other than that it is all running smoothly, I predict I will have some issues when it comes time to mount the brake calliper though, always a fiddly job and I never seem to learn... :roll:

Better photos and more progress soon, ran out of light today.

Luke.

Back