█ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TWINFLEX SPACELINER BUILD THREAD - Aug8 - SOLD

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceLiner 6/28 Rear Springer Brace

MplsCoaster said:
I'm still wacthing and wondering what wacky thing is next :lol:
Great job so far!

Thanks coaster, you never know. Last year I threw a car steering wheel on BEER RUN one day before the deadline just because I found it at a yard sale.

20110730Photo_0D1CEAC1-A187-84CE-CBDB-5145AA116C6D.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceLiner 6/28 Rear Springer Brace

bike2112 said:
Yo King, Beer Run's gotta flat tire.

Yeah, the flame treads were so hot, it scorched the tube.

Re: Flex{\\\}Liner 7 TwinFlexLiner 6/27 -54ChevyLightBracket

kingfish254 said:
I need to do some thinking on the light bracket piece. I am not sure if it looks right that. Probably just means some trimming. We'll see in the end.

Actually, I think the light bracket needs to flow better with the eagle. Something sleeker, but functional.

WP_001982bb.jpg

Spent tonight roaming practically every isle at Home Depot looking for something that would flow better on top of the 54 Chevy Eagle as a spotlight bracket. I think I found it. It's a simple 6.5" shelving bracket. Duh, of course right??? Why didn't I think of that in the first place?????? I was so close to cutting off the chrome handle of my caulk gun (seriously, that was one of my options).

WP_001994.jpg

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceLiner 6/29 Spotlight Bracket

Peatbog said:
Yep, that is what I was thinking days ago. I said to myself, "Bill, what that guy needs is a 6.5" shelving bracket. He oughta get on over to Home Depot and get himself one." :mrgreen:

Well DUH .....
If I'd known that's what you needed I would've sent you one ....
I thought every Rat Rodder kept at least a case of theses things handy .?.?.?.?

Liking the build ....

whoinphx said:
Peatbog said:
Yep, that is what I was thinking days ago. I said to myself, "Bill, what that guy needs is a 6.5" shelving bracket. He oughta get on over to Home Depot and get himself one." :mrgreen:

Well DUH .....
If I'd known that's what you needed I would've sent you one ....
I thought every Rat Rodder kept at least a case of theses things handy .?.?.?.?

Liking the build ....

Man, why didn't you guys speak up!!!!?????????
I almost ruined a perfectl good caulk gun!!!!!!!

I'll take a photo of the chrome caulk gun tomorrow. It was another $2 yard sale find a while back.

charliechaindrive said:
:shock: the caulk gun matches the flexliner!

Your right, maybe I can use it as a ratcheting kickstand!!!! :p :mrgreen:

Scootbomb said:
Glad the eagle's finally got wings! Gotta love those imaginative spotlights. :wink: Great work, Fish!

Thanks scooter, no wings just yet. Those are computer mock wings

charliechaindrive said:
Love the bars as well!

Thanks Charlie, I really dig the bars with this frame too.
A couple of evenings ago, I had my shop doors open to the lane and a guy walked by, the stopped in his tracks to back up and look at the bars.
I guess I did the right thing when I paid 5 or 10 bucks for them at a yard sale.

Wow, nice score! I hope that I can get away with some cool musclebike parts on the snake before the deadline, but I don't think anyone will be able to match those bars! (I've got a HUGE old bicycle auction sale on the fourth of august, about six of everything)

Re: █ Flex★Liner⑦ █ TwinFlexSpaceLiner 6/30 Yard Sale Find

Had a good yard sale morning. Check out this pair of Phillips (Raleigh) Manhattans that I picked up. Both have SA 3 Speed Generator hubs, front and back lights, bells, tire pump, and really cool seatube decals. The mens bike also has a neat stem mounted rear view mirror and a nice color matching seatbag with original tool kit inside.

I have never seen a lugged cantilever before and wasn't even aware that Raleigh made any cantis during this era. I am guessing late 50s to mid 60s.

WP_002000.jpg

WP_001995.jpg

WP_002001.jpg

WP_002002.jpg

WP_001998.jpg

WP_001996.jpg

WP_002003.jpg

WP_002004.jpg

WP_002006.jpg

WP_002005.jpg

Peatbog said:
Lotta cool parts on those. That seat tube decal is rockin'.

Yeah, I love that NY NY skyline and music notes on the decal!!! Seems a bit out of character for a British bike.
I love the old generator hubs and never knew they did a rear one, esecially on the 3 speed.

I forgot to check the SA date on the hub.

It was a good weekend for the ratters dude I scored also just not as big as u did

big kountry said:
It was a good weekend for the ratters dude I scored also just not as big as u did

Congrats! These bikes were outside of my normal yardsale neighborhoods, but they had them vaguely advertised, so I took a chance and it paid off.

I tell you one thing though. I had no idea that you could get STINK on a bike. I loaded them in the back of my SUV and went off to another yard sale. When I got back in my car at the next sale, gosh, it reaked of cat urine!!!! Spent the rest of the yard saling morning with the windows down and luckily one of the sales had a can of Lysol I bought. These were obviously house kept along with a butt load of cats I guess. Maybe I will use the men's bike for BO8 and call it Cat Piss.

Nice grabs, hope you don't tear apart the men's bike! :D

Back