█ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/15 Springer Surprise! pg16

KOTA said:
GREAT IDEA, GREAT LOOK!...MR. GENIUS.

Thanks Kota, it means a lot from an accomplished builder.

dragnusa said:
good deal man, I couldnt find everything I needed to do that

That's the beauty of what I just did, the hardest part to find would've been the extra triple tree mount, everything else is trash pile stuff, just glad I picked up the spare bike.

I can't quit looking at this one:

SAM_0727.jpg

Thank you friends.

If you notice, I can adjust the triple tree mount up and down to adjust the position of the springer and I can tighten down/loosen up the bearing retainer on the fork to adjust the spring tension/pre-load.

Cool idea with the fork.Looks good.You should be proud of yourself.I like the fender too.Extra protection from bullets,shrapnel and other flying debris :!:

Wicked Springer idea. Now I have to figure who's homemade Springer wins the sub BO. Yours or Tin's or one I haven't seen yet.

One word for that springer-FRIGGING SWEET!! :!: :mrgreen:

Re: █ ▌▌G.I.JESSE JAMES ▌▌█ 5/13 Possible Saddle, pg15

yoothgeye said:
Sara was helping me today:
SAM_0728.jpg

I think you can pull it off but it looks like your helper has her doubts with that look :| :lol:

BRAVO!!!

LOVE the springer...I can't wait to see your finished ride! BTW, You and I have something besides bikes in common. I am a youth pastor as well. :)

OH SNAP!!!!, YG bringin' out da big guns! I was thinking about making one and then thought about how much they weigh and decided to pass. You got me on this round Dude, looks good! 8)

I also learned that if I have an idea, I had better jump on it.

bighit said:
Great idea for making a full fender.

Thank you, I think it fits the vibe I'm going for.

kingfish254 said:
Wicked Springer idea. Now I have to figure who's homemade Springer wins the sub BO. Yours or Tin's or one I haven't seen yet.

I don't wanna enter that sub build-off, Tin's is awesome! Much more work than mine.

Jake Sensi said:
One word for that springer-FRIGGING SWEET!! :!: :mrgreen:

Thank you Jake, I did it because you told me to "Get Ta Buildin!"

CCR said:
I think you can pull it off but it looks like your helper has her doubts with that look :| :lol:

Yeah, she had her head turned away and I yelled her name to get her to turn around and that's why the face. She was busy taking my allen wrenches out of their holder and putting them back, repeatedly.

Peatbog said:
Hmmm, could be trouble. Might want to get that hammer out of her reach.

Oops... now y'all have seen my purple hammer too! haha I meant for that to stay out of frame, yes, I have a purple dead blow hammer.

Joker-n-Jack said:
LOVE the springer...I can't wait to see your finished ride! BTW, You and I have something besides bikes in common. I am a youth pastor as well. :)

Awesome, where and how long have you been serving?

Road Master said:
Innovative use of basic parts - KISS! Love it! Robert

I learned the KISS principle in 11th grade drafting class. Thank you, it was very simple, but I think I can pull it off so that people who don't know will see it as much more complicated or even "purchased."

JoKeR63 said:
OH SNAP!!!!, YG bringin' out da big guns! I was thinking about making one and then thought about how much they weigh and decided to pass. You got me on this round Dude, looks good! 8)

I also learned that if I have an idea, I had better jump on it.

Yeah, but you've been beating on me for a few rounds already. Good thing I'm not worried about weight.

Never thought I'd actually post that last comment, every time I clicked "submit" it held it back to show me a new reply. Thanks for all the interest and support guys, this build-off is already shaping up to be fun and full of great memories.

yoothgeye said:
Sara was helping me today:
SAM_0728.jpg

Yeah, this got me pretty stoked, all I really have to make is the rockers, this will make me change my light mounting location, but I think it's worth it.

Then I mocked this real quick, I like bobbed fenders but I might just go this way...
SAM_0729.jpg

I think Skipton's bikes might be rubbing off on me. :mrgreen:

Springer looks great!

It's so hard to find good help these days, :D So nice when you do. :mrgreen:

I really like the fender! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Keep it coming! :wink:

great use of parts, and nice on-the-fly engineering. dig it.

Skipton said:
I really like the fender! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

I thought you might.
Fisch said:
Nice work on that springer! You know an idea is great when everyone who sees it slaps their forehead and says, "Doh! Why didn't I think of that?"

Thanks, I'm hoping this is an idea others will use.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
great use of parts, and nice on-the-fly engineering. dig it.

Thank you. From the time I opened the shop door, yanked out the bikes and parts I had this thing together in only minutes. Tweeking will come later and I'm sure there will be some headaches, but with the adjustments from moving the mount, that should be helpful.

Looking awesome! I love that you have a great assistant! :wink: My assistant has four legs and constantly barks at me if I ignore her while messing with stuff in the "shop" :!:

I would love to build a springer fork, I have to just live vicariously through talented builders such as yourself!! :cry:

Oneuglybike said:
Looking awesome! I love that you have a great assistant! :wink: My assistant has four legs and constantly barks at me if I ignore her while messing with stuff in the "shop" :!:

I would love to build a springer fork, I have to just live vicariously through talented builders such as yourself!! :cry:

Thanks. I was living vicariously through all the guys with bought or built springers until my brain started ticking the other night.

Not that my opinion matters; but I really like the way this build is coming together, and I love the forks. That's some creative thinking right there....

Latest posts

Back