▀▄▀▄▀▄ 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘌𝘋𝘍𝘐𝘚𝘏 𝘚𝘗𝘌𝘊𝘐𝘈𝘓 ▄▀▄▀▄▀ ( or... How To Turn Your Cycle Truck Into A Supercharged Cycle Car Racer Using Two Kiddie Cars)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20230724_160811_08.jpg

I showed wife she made a face let out a groan knowing full well that was her future
Wait, do we have the same wife? :21:

When I'm all excited about my (or another) build and my wife finds out its about a bike groans probably the same way, not lost in translation :rofl:

Love the updates Kingfish! I enjoy seeing you enjoy the bike and ride around town.

When I'm all excited about my (or another) build and my wife finds out its about a bike groans probably the same way, not lost in translation :rofl:

Love the updates Kingfish! I enjoy seeing you enjoy the bike and ride around town.
Believe it or not, my wife makes a similar sound, when she finds out that I'm working on a new bike again... :giggle:

Believe it or not, my wife makes a similar sound, when she finds out that I'm working on a new bike again... :giggle:

No surprise that the RRB Wife Bike Groan is a universal phenomenon. :D :D :D :D

Reminds me a bit of my TrikeTor shape, you’re missing a wheel. Looks good, and outside the box art.

I can see a little similarity in the streamlined shells we used. yours was a good deal bigger than this car shell, hence the need for the extra wheel to balance it out :D .

I like it without the lights as well.

Straight off the sides of the speed rail, might be the ticket if you wanted them. Maybe spaced out an inch or two.

I agree with Matti there's a fine line between cool and corny lights kind of looked like mouse ears if you must have lights I'd find another way.

I still like the twin headlight, but higher up to where the bottom edge of the lights are even with the bottom edge of the radiator shell. Maybe spaced out a 1/2” on each side.

Kinda cool, low and to the outside, but I agree with the others probably better just to leave the lights off.

Thanks for the input on the lights guys. I'm 99% sure that I'm not gonna use them though. I just like the clean lines without them so much more.

I forgot to clean Queenfish's little Dahon the other day. Here it is.

20230725_165130.jpg
20230725_170437.jpg
20230725_170607.jpg
20230725_170729.jpg

Having fun after dinner playing with a roll of crepe paper and scotch tape. First time using this for mockups, but it is so super easy to fold a d stretch and manipulate from my minds eye.

20230725_200834.jpg

Here is one of my inspiration cars whose paint scheme hit me right away when I saw it a month and a half ago.

20230709_152848.jpg

20230725_201420.jpg

Last edited:
But notice the headlights ….

But that is because it is an actual car. :D :D :D
My build is just a funky abstract that mimics some elements of a car.
My takeaway from this particular car is the paint scheme and even that I don't plan to copy exactly.

Stared at the rough color fill and scallops for a while in the dark contemplating how to transition from the red cowl back into the scallops and this idea popped in my head. Something along the lines of parallel curved scallops in front. We'll see if it pans out. Something to get my brain going.

20230725_204307.jpg
20230725_204327.jpg
20230725_204344.jpg
20230725_204401.jpg
20230725_204448.jpg
20230725_204753.jpg

Ok this drawing is trash (trying to draw with precision on my phone 🤣), but what if you pull the line up and around the stickshift, like so...

View attachment 242767

Thanks for the suggestion, but the problem with that is the stickshift is not in the center. It is completely right of center.

Latest posts

Back