ϟϟϟϟ ӍÅĐ ӍÅӾ ϟϟϟϟ - Pretty much done-pg 3

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: ϟϟϟϟ ӍÅĐ ӍÅӾ ϟϟϟϟ - big update 6/18

I like the lines of your tank. Kinda looks like jet intakes.

Looking good!Good idea with the jb weld. I'll have to check out the finished product next month when we visit Emily and Seth.

Sorta wish I had had the sd card in the camera so there would have been more progress pics, but here it is as it sits pretty much ready for the weekend.

DSC03567.jpg

Yes, the paint is truck bed liner =).

The chain I had wasn't long enough and the spare link I had turned out to be too narrow for the chainring so I'll be picking up a chain after work today. I'll also be adding a sweet headlight once I get some washers from the hardware store. Either way, just like last year, the first "Test ride" will likely be on an 8 mile chainless downhill race. Hope it hold stogether. The front brake was added/finished after the pic. I'm only going to have the front brake and lever on for the race. I don't like two cables up front. I also moved the shifter to a seatpost mounted side-boom to stick it out and to the right under the seat for easier shifting. Since I'll very likely be riding this thing during the 24 hour townie tour on saturday, I wanted to be able to shift a little easier.

Once I get back next week, I'll likely try adding a shorty rear fender and some accent pieces. I think some regular size BMX bars would probably be good too, maybe in black. I just had the bars that are on it in stock and I love seeing the weld marks on the crossbar.

Gary, want to build a flame thrower for this bike?

Re: ϟϟϟϟ ӍÅĐ ӍÅӾ ϟϟϟϟ - Racing on it Friday!

Bad ( __)(__) looking bike!!!!

got the yellow light on there before the trip. It really helped the drab front end look better.

It survived the chainless race and was surprisingly fast. Probably ridden it around 100 miles over the weekend and last few days. The shifter is a little wornout but it does the job.

I need to clean it up and take some better pics at some time. Still want to add a shorty rear fender too. We'll see...

I love seeing a build off bike that is going to be ridden!!!
Been wondering how many Girvin or Girvin-esque forks there are in BO7?
Slick ride!!!!

Re: ϟϟϟϟ ӍÅĐ ӍÅӾ ϟϟϟϟ - Mad Max - new pics

Finally took some better shots before jazz in the park =). I need a new chainring for multispeed. The spider web didn't work well so went back to stock and painted it at the last second.

dsc03609qa.jpg

dsc03610tk.jpg

I'm thinking I'll convert it to single speed. Yes... it wheelies =)

Sleek looking build!

ϟϟϟϟ ӍÅĐ ӍÅӾ ϟϟϟϟ - Racing on it Friday!

Nice! Another Denverite? I was all over sloan's lake today, didn't get a chance to make it to jazz in the park...nice bike man!

Saverio said:
Nice! Another Denverite? I was all over sloan's lake today, didn't get a chance to make it to jazz in the park...nice bike man!

Yup! denver since 99...

raggedjim said:
Nice bike and it is getting used!

Did you not like the shifter on the seat post? Rg

Nope. It was not practical. It was out of reach and pretty much unusable.

subadrew said:
raggedjim said:
Nice bike and it is getting used!

Did you not like the shifter on the seat post? Rg

Nope. It was not practical. It was out of reach and pretty much unusable.

You never know unless you try! But now that you tried it, I can save some effort.

Thanks, Rg

I'll see what parts I have laying around coming out in a few weeks. bike looks awesome!

Whoa dude!!! That is so coooooooollllll!!!!
First I like the tall bike that came by at 50 sec
Then the tall longtail that cam by at 1:34 was even better.
Floowed by a cool guy on a 16" kids bike.
The tri-dem with one rear driver that came by at 2:40
Then a one rider tandem at the end at 3:48.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!

I think my favorite was the tall yellow longtail.

Back