ΞTHE✪CLASHΞ

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Closer. Not sticking with speckles.
View attachment 243331View attachment 243330
Actively searching stores for a suitable metallic flaked gold for the base rather than chrome. Checked out Behr golds. Hammered was interesting, but scares me. View attachment 243332Looks and feels clumpy. The other options had so few flakes in them you can count them if you zoom in.View attachment 243333
Anyone got a good common brand? It's too late to order so I'm hustling door to door.
I've had good luck with the rustoleum gold metallic under the metalcast paints to make a nice candy'd finish. Looks awesome with Blue.

Closer. Not sticking with speckles.
View attachment 243331View attachment 243330
Actively searching stores for a suitable metallic flaked gold for the base rather than chrome. Checked out Behr golds. Hammered was interesting, but scares me. View attachment 243332Looks and feels clumpy. The other options had so few flakes in them you can count them if you zoom in.View attachment 243333
Anyone got a good common brand? It's too late to order so I'm hustling door to door.
Duplicolor gold choices at automotive stores.
IMG_3809.png

Montana Gold - Goldchrome. Had the surface been smooth this would look even better.
IMG_4775.jpeg

Since my two-tone hub paint was too copper looking I'm trying to get a similar effect out of gold and purple.
IMG_4785.jpeg

Purple is starting to sputter but I won't let that hang on the finished product.

Can't find the exact color you need in stores? Hit up the underground network. Graff kids got stock and they deliver overnight..

View attachment 243434
Props to my man WSO for coming through where big box stores couldn't. Keeping it underground.View attachment 243435

That cracks me up. The train tracks run right down the middle of the street in my small hometown. I watch these cars go past everyday and often wonder who and how they get painted. I will keep an eye out for WSO!

The GoldChrome base was so reflective I almost did the spokes too but I stuck to my plan.
Montana_GoldChrome.jpeg

My seat is intentionally more purple than my frame because I wanted to move away from pink. I made the spokes bluer to compliment the seat but felt it would clash with the frame so I tried fading it hub to rim, red to blue. Looks a bit mixed in this light but I think I got it.
TwoToneHubs_1.jpeg
TwoToneHubs_2.jpeg
TwoToneHubs_3.jpeg

Much happier now.

Last edited:
@Ride 'em High pleeeeease! I need to see how this turned out. I'm sorry you didn't get it in by the deadline. That happened to me in the last buildoff I entered. And it was for the same reason...couldn't get the paint finished in time.

Screenshot_20230806-124926_Google.jpg

I think real life finally caught up.
"Real Life" was basically Captain Awsome and the asinine moderation rules. (NOT MY RULES TOUGH GUY BUT NICE TRY)

I took a breather when I learned that my EDITED writing was being read. (FOR THE SAKE OF THREAD CONTINUITY MANY HOURS WERE SPENT PIECING TOGETHER JAGGED THREADS WHERE HIS EDITS MESSED UP THE FLOW OF INFORMATION)

I rested for a week, came back fresh faced, then got locked out of my own writing. (BECAUSE THE CONTEST ENDED)

That was the final draw. I'm just done with this. It was nice getting into with some of you.. but … moderation. (PERFECT EXAMPLE OF BREAKING THE RULES BY WORKING AROUND THE LANGUAGE FILTER)

This wasn't worth heartache. The bike was finished before the August 1st. You'll have to visit New York to see it.

I think real life finally caught up.

The guy couldn’t and apparently still can’t accept that he has to conform to the rules. That’s life 🤷‍♂️
He deleted his own profile and now created another to come here and try to defend himself

I am always open to discuss. PM me and ask but the open forum is not the place to go on a rant

Latest posts

Back