1. Photobucket recently update their Terms of Use and are now requiring a $399/year membership fee in order to share the photos that you host with them on other websites. If you use Photobucket to host your photos and are using a FREE account, none of your photos will show up on other websites. Please upload your photos directly to the forum here and no longer use Photobucket. Click here to follow the discussion topic...
    Dismiss Notice

Yard Ornament -7/31 AS GOOD AS IT'S GONNA GET!

Discussion in 'BUILD OFF 6 BIKES' started by z-bikes, Jun 10, 2011.

1. z-bikes

z-bikes

Re: Yard Ornament -7/30 Sprocket Fiasco!

Got my seat last week. I was going to trade parts for it but shipping costs reared it's ugly head so I just sold some stuff to pay for it. It's one of the only parts that I bought for the build with the exception of tires and grips. I'm not including the nuts, bolts & paint. Put the torch to the seatpost to bend it, ran it through the buffer, then put them on. I like how the red leather matches the red wheels.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. z-bikes

z-bikes

That's it! Enough is enough. Good enough for who it's for. Will post in the finished bikes tomorrow.

Started with this:

[​IMG]

Finished with this:

[​IMG]

3. SCHWINNRAY69

SCHWINNRAY69

Too cool :mrgreen:

4. 37fleetwood

37fleetwood

just looked through your build thread. a really fun build chock full of rare and hard to find parts. I wasn't aware anyone made a repop of the Huffman Firestone chain guard! where did you run across it? also loved the photos with the Twin-Flex frame in the background.
    Scott

5. herr_rudolf

herr_rudolf

Great workmanship and the headlight set-up is just too cool...

6. z-bikes

z-bikes

I think the guard was made by Chestnut Hollow in the 80's or 90's. It was on a Twin-Flex i bought from them on ebay which not surprisingly turned out not too well. The guard is a cast piece without any rear attachment. It took a lot of work to get it to look as good as it does.

7. z-bikes

z-bikes

Thanks for the compliment. I've had those H-bars for a long time and thought they were pretty wierd when on a bike by themselves. I was looking through my box of lights and came across the 2 matching Elgin lights and it just came to me to mount them in the drop sections of the bars. Finally a use for the bars!

8. feuerdog

feuerdog

Beautiful bike. Great attention to detail. Well done sir.

9. DeuceWheeler

DeuceWheeler

Awesome work!