X-114 HEAVY SERVICE MOTOBIKE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X-114 HEAVY SERVICE MOTOBIKE 97.114 PERCENT DONE

Peatbog said:
Not shocked. Those are just eye-boggling bikes. When you put them all together it is almost too much to look at all at once.

You build very nice bikes.

Thanks buddy! All three have working new departure triplspeed hubs. Out of 1500 bikes at the bike show they were the only 3 bikes with ND triplspeed. There were a lot with SA 3i and shimano 3i but seem to think that they are all the same. Most have never seen or knew that the ND triplspeed conversion unit existed. I don't blame them since they are so rare.

This decal came with the unit so you can put it on the rear fender
4438255970_caa6946706_m.jpg

I made a few a while back. Will have to check if I still have any!

had this old shirt laying around and decided i needed something to ride tomorrow

IMG_2167.jpg

my friends and me are not part of any bike club yet we like to visit every club whenever we can so people started to call us the independents. thats what the words "los independientes" means. and since we normally hang out in the town called mayaguez i decide to use the indian head. every town has something that is known for, mayaguez is known for the taino indians. basebal team, basketball team and every other sport team from mayaguez are known as "los tainos"

gcrank1 said:
They even look better being used!
Doesnt look like you have any hills for coasting, though :wink: .

Lots of hills. We just don't ride that way!

MplsCoaster said:
Very Nice Bike! Congrats! Looks like you had a fun ride.

i sure did. i might need a longer seat tube since my legs are not straight when pedal is down. kind of painful!

Your bike really stylin' yet subtle. Looks like your having a great time with it! Ride On!

Thanks for the comments. I'm still not sure what type of decal I am going to do. Any ideas?

Still waiting on the tail light

man do i love all your builds.. nice pics too... oh how i miss my island!!!! cant wait till april.... nice where was that show at? and how frequent do they have them? my cuzzin told me he went to one in Ponce about a month or so ago IRC....

Got the tail light. Let's see if I can make the hard decision to drill out freshly painted fenders to install it. What you think?

photobucket-3484-1326250298872.jpg

lots of cool bikes in your picture.

IMG00585-20120212-1927.jpg

Tail light is painted but I'm not feeling it. I'm 80 percent NO and 20 percent maybe :?

just cover the fender with blue masking tape mark your hole on the tape and drill it wont leave a mark even from the hot drill chips you will be good to go

scott brownsey said:
just cover the fender with blue masking tape mark your hole on the tape and drill it wont leave a mark even from the hot drill chips you will be good to go

i know, i just don't want to drill new holes on the fenders.

thanks for accepting me on facebook

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 30&sk=wall

I know what you mean! Ive never been big on drilling or modding original parts, even in the 'chopper days' of the late sixties; something already modded I didnt mind too much. Bike looks wonderful as is, to me!

Hey Axe,
How do I get a "los Independentes" iron on for a tee shirt??

I've been riding it but have not done anything new. Still deciding if I should do a decal for the chain guard.

Back