WHATIZIT???

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I scored this one at an auctions saturday...
its been painted battleship grey with housepaint, and half of the handlebars are busted off.
Looks prewar to me, but i dont know the old ones too well. any ideas?
bttlebikeside.jpg

bttlbiker34.jpg

I really fell in love with the front sprocket and fenders, and think its what will help me ID its make...
bttlbikespoket.jpg

Cleveland Welding made

AMF Liner bike - Could be Pleasure Liner or Luxury Liner (missing Tank, guard etc) early to mid 50's. I have the same srocket from my Luxury Liner. Hope this helps.

Joe

So is there a place on the bike I can find a serial# to figure out a date? Im not super concerned, it would just be neat to know...
Also, the rear wheel is pretty much shot (spokes are really thin) and I would like to get a new wheelset. with it being skiptooth, what are my options?

(forgive me, im still pretty new at all this)

Wheel options??

Here you go! Skip tooth, New Departure Model D

NDropcenter1.jpg

NDropcenter2.jpg

tomb said:
So is there a place on the bike I can find a serial# to figure out a date? Im not super concerned, it would just be neat to know...
Also, the rear wheel is pretty much shot (spokes are really thin) and I would like to get a new wheelset. with it being skiptooth, what are my options?

(forgive me, im still pretty new at all this)

What is it

The bike was built by the Cleveland Welding Co. They sold under Roadmster, Western Flyer, Hiawatha and I think a few others.

Latest posts

Back