What springer is this?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
So, I bought a springer on the eBay...now, what is it? :bigsmile:

Screenshot_20170726-141822_crop_576x1050.jpg
Screenshot_20170726-141851_crop_702x839.jpg
Screenshot_20170726-141925_crop_617x1046.jpg

Thanks,
Jason

Columbia and I need it

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Columbia

IMG_2588_zps322b25da.jpg

I've seen this bike in person and I almost drooled all over it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It's awesome to know that Firewing is getting some West Coast love (and drool)

Thanks for the super fast answer, guys. I won't dwell too long on whether there is an abundance of knowledge on this site...or it was just a stupid question. I may not like the answer :confused: :grin:

Columbia and I need it
My first thought was to let you know that this is just a placeholder springer for my daughter's Dayton until we find her a suitable Dayton/Huffman springer. Then I had the thought, I've got a Columbia-built Champion that this springer would probably look pretty good on :bigsmile:.

Regardless, if I end up posting it in the trade or sale forums in the next couple months, I'll tag you.

Thanks for the info!
Jason

Measure the steertube and determine if it is boys or girls length. Girls are longer .

It does like pretty long in the pic, doesn't it. I'll cut it down if need be.

Looking at pics on google images, it looks like the girls' springers may have the drop down top bracket, and the boys' are flat. So...I may be cutting it down AND making a bracket :thumbsup:.

Jason

It does like pretty long in the pic, doesn't it. I'll cut it down if need be.

Looking at pics on google images, it looks like the girls' springers may have the drop down top bracket, and the boys' are flat. So...I may be cutting it down AND making a bracket :thumbsup:.

Jason

Yep, you got it figured out now. Some springers are so forgiving. The men's upper bracket is pretty simple if I remember correctly.

Latest posts

Back