Va Beach bike show April 6th - Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's some of the pictures I took at the show. It was great to meet some Rat members Pudge, Kim_dude, JD56, wspeid.
Kenny
img_2954.jpg

img_2955.jpg

img_2956.jpg

img_2959.jpg

img_2960.jpg

img_2961.jpg

img_2963.jpg

img_2964.jpg

img_2965.jpg

img_2966.jpg

img_2967.jpg

img_2968.jpg

No Doubt, the first ever show I've attended at the ocean front here in Va. Beach!
Kim, amazing job getting this started and I appreciate the headsup that it was happening.
Had a great time and met some new friends. I hope the vintage and Rat bikes continue to thrive here in this area.

The LowRider gang, some real proud youngins too, was amazing and they were very receptive to our older genre of bikes.
I too, was amazed of the work put into those chrome laden, bling displaying, spring loaded, streched lowriders. Too much polishing for my old digits on those gleamers though.
The work put into those RatRods was impressive as well.

Sold a few things but, really didn't have much time to promote any sales. I was too busy trying to figure out how the lowriders were put together. As too, the rats. Then there was the door prizes. I must have won 6 times.
Anybody need a chromed spring loaded seat post?

I think we, the ratters and the vintage guys and gals need to create our own club here in this area. There is so much potential in the area to show off our rides and promote the addiction we are so passionate about.
When you guys are ready, lets do this again, and show off our pride and joys.

Thanks for the pics Kenny.
And once again, and amazing start of a great thing here in the Va. Beach area. We even had folks from the Richmond area show up.
Here is a group pic of the RRB guys that were there.

attachment.php

The wife didn't understand all the hoopla I was expressing about the upcoming event. Nor did she appreciate the hours I was spending in my bike shed for the past few weeks preparing.
But, I was excited to see her show up during the show to come see what all the fuss was about.
She was even more impressed when she heard that I sold a few things. She got the money too.....dangnabbit!

But, the one of the best parts of the show, was that I entered her newly acquired birthday present bike (which she wasn't too pleased to see when I gave it to her at first....I think she was expecting a diamond necklace or somthing instead)....and it won an award. Not one of my mens bikes but, her bike....how cool was that. :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D 8) 8)
Which she has made clear, that she doesn't see the need for all the bikes I have but said, whatever I do "DON"T SELL HER AWARD WINNING BIKE"!!
Best in the "Classic Bike" class
1964 Monark Silver King

attachment.php

Back