Tybee Siren

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin sharp Tank!!!

Dr. Tankenstein said:
scrumblero said:
awesome job doc!! who knew you had such talent with a brush!! :shock:

It's all rattle can, pinstripe tape and pinstripe decals from eBay. I have little-to-no brush skills bud! hahahahhaha!

Cheers,
Dr. T

:lol: :lol: awesome!!

Well, we have a little 'problem' to work out on the Siren. The Mrs. took it for a test ride yesterday and it's 'a little cramped'. So, since she's too short for a 26" bike and too tall for a 24", I need to think a bit....

I'm leaning toward a laidback (lucky 7) seatpost to put more room between the seat and the handlebars. Then, maybe a stem that pushes the bars forward and/or maybe some mini-apes. I want to keep as much 'vintage cruiser' flavor as I can.

Any ideas on a 'vintage' looking stem? Maybe a roadie?

Suggestions???

Cheers,
Dr. T

Dr. T,

That is another sweet girl's build. I love It!!!! Color choices, seat, and items you added all match great and are just beautiful. Lovin' the whole Tybee Siren theme.....

Lucky 7 seat post should buy you two inches facing rearward. You should be able to find a forward reaching stem (I'll look around) to buy you another 1-2 inches.

Great job - Gary

Bicycles123 here...Dr. T you have given this bike back to the roads! I love it! It was a labor of love and work of ART!

So, I have a next project for you, if your willing? I have 3 project bikes sitting...you can pick anyone you want for free to fix-up. The only request I have is that you let me have first right to buy it back.

They are:
1. 1956 J.C. Higgins Mens Tank bicycle (100% orginal and complete)
2. 1954 J.C Higgins (Monark model RARE! 100% orginal and complete)
3. 1940 Schwinn (Planes and Trains badge! 99% orginal and complete)

Shoot me an email and let me know [email protected]

Sad to say, it's not road worthy right now. I need to trim the laidback seatpost I have from 'slowriderz' and get the Nexus 7 cabled and adjusted. At this point, I have until spring before she'll even think about riding it.

Cheers,
Dr. T

Well, it's been a while, but the Tybee Siren is FINALLY roadworthy and headed to Tybee Island next week!
The Mrs. took a few pics of her ride, my Fatbelly Bobber and the Tommy Bahama beach cart, we are SO ready to be at the beach!

image_zps45454824.jpg

image_zpse84a5a7d.jpg

image_zps9ed676e2.jpg

image_zps6b74400e.jpg

Cheers,
Dr. T

Back