Traveler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this bike last year with a few others, this is the last one left and I plan on keeping it (it paid for itself a few times over :D I forget the year, late 50's early 60's. Ever since I've been on this site, I've been eyeing it buried in the back of the garage. I thought it would look sweet with flipped bars like a boardtracker. Well with the nice weather we've been having I've been in the garage getting some bikes ready for craigslist. Finally got to it today. Flipped the original bars, but then found smaller bars from a 67 Schwinn so I added those. Flipped the seat guts to lower the seat a little more. Ditched the chainguard and aired up the tires and thats it. Best part....2 speed kickback! It was advertised as not working, when I got it and rode it around last year it worked. Couldn't get it to shift out of low today. After about 10 minutes of riding around the driveway, it finally shifted and works great now. The paint is so faded its almost pink in spots, and the whole top of the top bar has no paint at all haha. I plan to keep it this way. I cant wait to go riding around on it, its really fast with the 2 speed.

I mainly like this bike because its so simple.

I keep picturing it with a sweet rake but I couldn't bring myself to cut up this frame.

Sorry for rambling, just wanted to share the pics.

traveller1.jpg

traveller3.jpg

traveller2.jpg

Re: Traveller

Heeeeeyyyyy, I likes it!! What make is that? :?

sweet schwinn!!!
I am loving these bikes ratted out more and more!
makes me sad I sold the nastiest of nasty all original flamboyant green 61 traveler awhile back.it woulda looked neat with the staineless fenders bobbed :)

Back