Today's Find 4/15/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I didn't have bike luck yesterday at the Valley Center city wide garage sale.
But I scored pretty good at today's flee market.
Lady's Hathorne:

IMG_0169 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
From left to right. Small horn, big horn, taillight, headlight/horn combo, eight ball shifter knob. In the foreground, Silvertown Safety League reflector.

IMG_0170 by LowpowerD, on Flickr
Woot!

Great SCORE Dave! Hawthorne is sweet & some really good rat parts to boot!

54shadow said:
Nice stuff! I must live in a "nice stuff" no man's land, or, I ain't lookin' hard enough.
It's not that difficult, mostly I find bikes by accident, or as they say they find me. I ask church members, co-workers, strangers at the gas station, and anyone who commented on my bikes if they know where any old bikes are sitting. I always tow around my bike trailer when I ride and am often stopped and they ask if I want this bike or some junk metal. (The answer is ALWAYS yes)

Also you might try throwing an add up on Craigslist "Looking for free bikes and projects" I did this once and had a guy drop 5 bikes in my yard and a huge pile of rims and tires. Mostly Walmart junk but free is free. One was a like new Magna mountain bike with a light set I sold the same day for $40 and didn't do anything but air up the tires, take the light set off, and wipe the dust off :wink: .

Right on. For me it's all about being in the right place at the right time.

Anyway, neither of the horns work yet. I paid $5 each, so I don't think I got hurt.

LowpowerD said:
Right on. For me it's all about being in the right place at the right time.

Anyway, neither of the horns work yet. I paid $5 each, so I don't think I got hurt.
Yeah I'd pay that even if it was just for looks.

Latest posts

Back