Time Twister...DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Groundhog

IMG-20120522-02132.jpg

Now an advice question....
Flat clearcoat or NO clear coat? Or is it just a matter of preference?

Re: The Groundhog First mock up

raggedjim said:
Joker-n-Jack said:
Here we go...As far as mock up shots go this the best I could get.

mock20up2001.jpg

Good, I was worried about this, but it's obvious you have a plan, Rg
[/quote]

Thanks RaggedJim, I'm just glad you could see where I'm headed with this....might switch to whitewall tires though.

Joker-n-Jack said:
Now an advice question....
Flat clearcoat or NO clear coat? Or is it just a matter of preference?

That color is cool 8) 8) I just applied a couple coats of carnuba wax to my build last year(Gray primer and Hot Rod primer) and it looks like a dull satin finish.Keeps it easy to clean and protects it from the elements.Easy to touch up as mentioned earlier.Just my 2 pennies.

I'm kinda bummed right now...See I was hoping to have all of the painting done before this weekend hit...Because this weekend the weather is impossible to paint in (142% humidity and off and on rain storms) and I was really hoping to have the bike ridable to take it to the church camp I am counseling at to ride around and get some cool pics....
Wife is starting to complain a bit about rattlecans rattling. I told her they can't help it, it's what they do. She didn't smile.
Well, like someone else I had a bug land on my freshly painted parts twice...and then while spraying clear coat on my forks one drop...one tiny drop of rain...the ONLY drop of rain that hit anywhere on my lawn last night landed right in my fresh clearcoat...
Sanding and touching up has ensued as much as possible...Sunday I will be picking up a custom made seatpost...THAT at least will be awesomebicycliness!
I know I want to do something different with the shifter...stock is NOT an option...I just can't seem to come up with an idea that I really like that is something I can pull off AND is economical...I am rambling and not in a good way...Later all!!!

Joker I feel your pain brother I got a couple of old skool ten speed shifters or at least 1 that my son hasn't used for what ever if you want it I'll send it your way it can be hidin anywhere or add something to it

I'm actually putting everything back together now...My plan is to get it ridable...I need to get riding! and then I will put the finishing touches (springer fork, lighting, accessories) on it as I can afford it and have the time. I should have the custom seat post Sunday (YES!)

ALSO...I'm contemplating a Name change. "GROUNDHOG" just doesn't quite seem to fit what the bike is becoming. Feel free to throw out suggestions. LOL!
Like I said...I GOTTA GET RIDING!!!

I have always thought this build had more of a Prairie Dog feel to it.

LOL! I get it...Missouri...prairie...prairie dog...little house on the prairie...Laura Ingalls Wilder....

MY GOD MAN YOU ARE A GENIUS!!! I will make it into a "Little House On The Prairie" Themed bike!!!

Or maybe it more like a Gopher.
Then you have a choice of either a Caddyshack or Love Boat theme bike.
:p :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
I have always thought this build had more of a Prairie Dog feel to it.

Thanks for the laugh,again :lol: :lol:

It's looking more like Kit from NightRider get some flashing red led"s on the front 8)

Latest posts

Back