The SASE Experiment UPDATE: 6/14/12

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The SASE Experiment, More stickers!

Got a return from BlackEye
49410609.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
Got a return from BlackEye

That's a bummer.

Back from my new years trip with the youth group, had another waiting when I got here. Rockstar Energy Drinks, I sent them an SASE about 4 years ago, but their stickers are better this time. 14 stickers.

IMG_5023.jpg

TheFlyingDingo said:
I dont like monster, or rockstar, or redbull, but their stickers and logos are cool!

I use to drink all kinds of energy drinks all the time, not for the energy, but I loved the taste, and caffeine actually has a calming effect on me and I could drink them before bedtime to help me sleep better. Rockstar was my favorite. Then I went to strictly diet sodas, which knocked out most energy drinks, but I still drank Rockstar Sugar Free (white can) then eventually I quit it too just to be a good example for my students, these things are really bad for you, but like you I still like their logos and artwork.

The only energy drink i've ever had was a NOS. I was hardcore wired for a while. I drank Diet pops, and Dr. Pepper, but quit a couple weeks ago.

I still get NOS from time to time mainly just for the bottles...lol. They make a cool water bottle for bikes. :mrgreen:

Got my envelope back from Vans today, I just expected a few of the classic "skateboard" stickers, so I was pleasantly surprised with my take, especially the sticker with the bicycle cranks on it!

IMG_5024.jpg

Re: The SASE Experiment, stickers are rolling in! Winners!

jalopyjimmy13 said:
jusy ordered the callahan sticker and im in on the sase thang :)

Reading about the Callahan stickers reminds me of the Tshirt I ordered in August and when I got it my wife said "what is that?". I wore it at the beach a few weeks later and the waiter said "love that shirt" when he walked up. I looked at her and she said "shut up". Just might have to order me a sticker now!

OK, so if you remember, GT sent me a nice padded envelope with nice decals *and* they returned my SASE unused. I took a chance with that SASE and sent it off to KMC chains from an address I found somewhere on their website. This was kind of like a "cold call" but I'm so glad I made it. Decent stickers, but look at the bottom 2 thick textured chainstay protector stickers! COOL!

IMG_5032.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if the other SASEs that haven't been returned may never be... :|

Re: The SASE Experiment, KMC with the Hook-Up!

TheFlyingDingo said:
Wow, KMC is THE chain company I always buy. They're super cheap, they look good...and they're strong.

Same with me, even when I don't think I'm buying KMC, sometimes it still is a KMC, that's why I decided to try an SASE with them, kind of like when I got my Kenda stickers I was thinking "What brand tires do I have the most of... KENDA!" Now I just need some Cheng Shin stickers.

yoothgeye said:
TheFlyingDingo said:
Wow, KMC is THE chain company I always buy. They're super cheap, they look good...and they're strong.

Same with me, even when I don't think I'm buying KMC, sometimes it still is a KMC, that's why I decided to try an SASE with them, kind of like when I got my Kenda stickers I was thinking "What brand tires do I have the most of... KENDA!" Now I just need some Cheng Shin stickers.

I wonder if Huffy has an SASE address. Got to be true to by roots. Although most of my collection is Schwinn now. Most of them still run Huffy parts though. :roll: Till better things roll around anyway.

I sent an email to Maxxis, My favorite tire company. They're sending me stuff. Should get here eventually.

But I wonder what has happened to everything else i've never received.

I wonder if theres a list for skateboard companies too. Me and my kids will have to try this SASE Im sure they would love to see what all they would get back.

outskirtscustoms said:
You don't happen to have a SASE address for Schwinn do you?

After a few clicks on their website:

Of course, you can call or write to us too:

Schwinn c/o Customer Service
PO Box 344
Olney, IL 62450
1-800-626-2811

The most it'll cost you to try is 2 stamps.

yoothgeye said:
outskirtscustoms said:
You don't happen to have a SASE address for Schwinn do you?

After a few clicks on their website:

Of course, you can call or write to us too:

Schwinn c/o Customer Service
PO Box 344
Olney, IL 62450
1-800-626-2811

The most it'll cost you to try is 2 stamps.
Thanks Youthguy, I'll try it and see what happens.

TheFlyingDingo said:
I sent an email to Maxxis, My favorite tire company. They're sending me stuff. Should get here eventually.

But I wonder what has happened to everything else i've never received.

Did you say Maxxis? Got 2 envelopes from them today, both hand addressed by the same person (very unique handwriting) not sure why she didn't catch herself doing it twice? I'm not complaining.

IMG_5037.jpg

Their website use to have a "sticker request" option in the drop down menu on their contact form, I don't see it any longer.

Latest posts

Back