The Rustman - new pics p. 2

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey!
Today my new frame arived and as my budget is limited I used the parts I had laying around. That's what I came up with:

IMG_0439.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

The wheelset and cranks where the remains of my abandoned Felt-project, the fork was used on my sold Porucho frame and the stem and handlebars I had laying around.

Re: Basman ScrapRod

I really like the 'Schwinn' style springer with frame. Then again, that frame looks good with just about ANY fork! :D

Nice work so far, find a nice black or red seat and ride it!

Cheers,
Dr. T

2 ThumbsUp BR 8) .... Keep em coming guys...wanna see more Basman builds..."Awwight"!!!

Small update on this one...

what's new:
- new seat post
- put my B66 on
- changed the handlebars, the ones on the photo look good but didn't work with the shifter so I changed them for a similar one but with Project346 wood grips instead of bartape...

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Really sweet bike. One thing that caught my eye though... Mind if I ask what kind of hub you're using up front? Thing's wild looking!

That came out great.
I did the same thing as you when I got my Basman frame. I didn't really have a plan, so I scrounged the goodies I had on hand and actually put something together that looks and rides nice. Thanks for posting the pics. -can't get enough Basman pics :)

DeadBolt89 said:
TheHumongous said:
Really sweet bike. One thing that caught my eye though... Mind if I ask what kind of hub you're using up front? Thing's wild looking!

Hey!

The front hub is an extra wide cycle ball hub and was made by Renak.
You can get them over the german ebay site: http://www.ebay.de/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261029078309

Very cool, it definitely catches the eye. Almost looks like an old "Prior" hub too. Awesome bike!

Some new outdoor pics with moon and other handlebars:

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0519.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

Oh and the frame maybe gets a new rear end this winter. This is what I'm aiming for:
capo057.jpg

Had this idea for a while now and the Basman seems to be the ideal base to try out. :D

Re: Basman ScrapRod goes "Black Betty"

big AL said:
What did you do with the wide spinger? Did you modify your did you buy it?

It was a normal springer that I had powder coated and modified. All you need is a threaded rod and a lot of washers.

Here you can see the modifications:
IMG_0436.jpg

Re: Basman ScrapRod goes "Black Betty"

should leave it as is ,the frame is awesome!, so do the total bike :p great job!

I think it is time to update this thread...

Some of you might have noticed that "Black Betty" has been turned into the "Rustman" or maybe better "Flakeman"...

IMG_0166_zps44d4c0bf.jpg

IMG_0168_zps7b085a5d.jpg

IMG_0171_zpsceecd08d.jpg

IMG_0172_zps9cc1e7d5.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsb1508ff1.jpg

IMG_0174_zps0341d55b.jpg

Latest posts

Back