the new(old) bike!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, one morning before work I decided to bid on this bike I had on my ebay watch list. It was listed as a men's cruiser bike and thats all, nothing else. I thought if nothing else I'd use it as a parts bike. I won the auction with a $45 bid and picked it up the next weekend and almost fell over when the old guy handed me the bike. It is a vintage Columbia that has had some work done to it: Redline one piece chromoly crank, Tioga chainwheel, bmx pedals, Araya 7x wheels, cook bros. front hub and a rear drum brake hub (haven't found a make yet) and newer stem. It does have really old carlisle lightening dart white walls and matching tubes, an ADGA leather seat and old columbia grips. The only plans I have for it is to change the rear sprocket to something a little bigger and that's aboot it. Any comments or suggestions? :mrgreen:

morebikepics003.jpg

morebikepics004.jpg

morebikepics007.jpg

morebikepics005.jpg

morebikepics009.jpg

Armand..
that is sick!

great score my Friend.
I love it the way it is.
The Mod's and updates are tastefull,
Maybe an older style Neck is in order...
but The Chainring and Cook Bros combo actually looks pretty good.

I have a few Older Stems / necks kicking around my Pile of
goodies here.
If you find one that fits, and you like it,
It's yours for free.

great score my friend!
I look forward to seeing it in person,

peace,
Kev.

Thanks guys! Great minds do think alike aboot the gooseneck. Thanks for the offer Kev but I had already bid on a pre-war Columbia stem on ebay and won the auction, yippie! I am however thinkin aboot getting some new tubes and tires and saving these for special occasions. Good idea yes or not so much? :mrgreen:

I wouldn't want to ruin em, but I'd want to show em off.
Difficult decision...maybe you should just sell em to me.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

armandgil said:
and saving these for special occasions. Good idea yes or not so much? :mrgreen:

Well...this is my personal opinion because you asked.

Just Riding that beautiful Bike is a Special Occasion.
It was meant to be ridin.
I would Ride the heck outa those Tires.
If you Park em, they will only start to Crackle and Fade away.

Treat The Rubber ,and enjoy the fun in rolling around
in a VERY COOL bike, with an even cooler set of tires!!!

just my 2 cents.
peace,
Kev.

I dont kno if anybody said this, id run some fenders on her.

Good point Kev, but on its' maiden voyage last weekend we were on the way home and the back tire met a broken bottle hiding on the down side of a curb. It cut through the sidewall and made a tiny hole in the tube. I patched both and they seem ok but I'm a little nervous now with those old tires. I will probably just run them and see what happens.

I was lookin at some fenders for it but the front tire is aboot an eight inch away from the fork....not so much room. Good idea though. Thanx guys! :mrgreen:

That is a great bike, Ride it like no tomorrow, cause they dont get any better than that.

Clancy

Latest posts

Back