The ''little monster'' chopper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a bike I built with ''small poeple'' in mind. Basically a 20'' with a 24'' out front. The frame is a marriagge of schwinn rear\murray front. Actual color is black cherry metallic with ''real flame'' and Von Dutch'' style pinstripes. real leather seat. schwinn S7 rear wheel with a nos uniroal fastrak slick. This bike is tons of fun-- can be ridden by all ages of ''kids''---I don't ride it since I'm 6'-260 lbs.

Picture065-2.jpg

Picture066.jpg

Picture064.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Picture071.jpg

wow that is neat love the paint did you do that yourself?

paint

Yes, I do everything ---all paint , welding,recover seats-everything. I'M A custom painter and an artist.

Meow......squish!!

their,the cats dead!

I like it.
The art work,well...that goes without saying,it's great!
I like the Pipes...they are decieving how they are coming out of nowhere at the bottom bracket.Very neat design.

The Stacked reflectors up front are a nice touch.

it's a ...... lookin ride.

it has lots of sharp stuff that'll stick in yaa if you bail...
just my kinda design. :lol:

Jim, Nice Bike and execution. The paint is amazing.

Now about the cat having somebody's tongue, it must be yours. If you want comments about your bikes you should reciprocate and post on other bikes.

hey i posted a comment about it. no need to ask for praise. i try to encourage all builders here to push the boundaries of ratdome as i personally try to do with each bike i build. great bike clean paint not sure what else i can say my friend other than great job!! :mrgreen:

no cats around here.

Thanks you guys. I realy appreciate the feed back. That goes without saying thing realy got to me--It means a lot. I try not to take anything for granted. Wene I build a bike, I think in the back of my mind I think-man this is going to be cool! But you know wene it's done you think is anyone else going to dig it? I have seen a lot of cool stuff on this forum-- I realy liked one of the bikes that was green with a white seat-- man I love those white seats and grips or just some white on the bike. I love all the stuff you guys are doing! I like to see an old bike( and it dosn't have to be a schwinn) with apes, a nice ''bobbed'' fender on the back,--I want to build one from lets say, a western flyer or Hisawatha with tank with an indian graphic on the tank--- all tomato red and white with balack and gold von dutch style pinstripes with a spinger front end---well there I go--thats the way my mind works. I wish you guys could weld a little and custom paint a little. It's easyer than you think. love you all.. jim

no worries i like your thoughts on your next bike. i personally like to leave the frames stock it is not a matter of can i weld or not. as for paint normally with rat style bikes i personally like very simple designs even though i do airbrush as well lol. iduno i have taken to building super clean uncluttered bikes and that is what makes me happy. one of the things i love about custom bikes is the diversity of designs and each has its fans.

flames

Thanks- don't know any one can see 'em I find it hard to do good photoes, and even if I did--not to sound arrogant---there is nothing like the real thing. This bike is highly detailed and it may not be a true rat rod-- but I tellin' ya it' hard to find a place to fit in......

no worries your bike is most welcome here. your paint work is awsome and there is so much work done to that bike it is hard to say what you did lol. which is good

thanks locojoe for saying that. i think that some builders look down on just changing the way a bike looks without compleatly chopping up the frame. i too just like to add to the lines of a frame and go from there. in the future i do want to do some bikes with frame mods and i can i am just not into that sort of thing right now.

What I did to it

I tried to explane what I what was done to the bike in the initial post. I did it the old school way of takingsveral pieces and grafting them together. I had a girls murray frame with double top tubes, and I just loved the shape (know the feeling?) tweaked it a bit and married it to a schwinn rear section. at one point I thoght the fake pipes would be a painontil I realized that sinse they were only ''fake'' and since they are tubular, that they could be incorperated in the frame and then simply ''hollowed- out'' ornthe inside to accommodate the rear wheel, chain and such. I feel at home on this forum---Somes times I make the wrong impression at first, I think I rubbed some folks the wrong way on the SCW---- forum, and I regret that , but by the same tocken, I think sometimes people are a little to touchy. I have a colection that I have built, that I like to call --mild to wild-- and am quite serious about my hobby. I have a rat style bike that was built frome an old roadmaster- witha 5 digit serial# black- red rims- white walls with a high quality vo d---- pinstripe pant job.And from there it goes up to my choppers(of which there are four) that cost in the neighborhood of 800.00-1,000.00 to build, and thats with me doing every thing--welding, fab, paint-everything. I intend on posting these bikes, but as per, I'm doing that myself also and I'm not very good at it and I don't have very much time to devote to it.love you guys and the ''rat rod'' hobby. Take care......

hey Jim dont sweat the petty stuff, that bike has alot going on and you
can really see the artist touch in all the details....wow... I,m sure I would
not spend that much time on a paint job or fabrication for that matter.
I have chopped alot of bikes in the past but I just cant cut on a classic
Schwinn frame anymore...they're getting to hard to come by for me so...
Nice job with this bike ... feel free to show us more !

Latest posts

Back