team X,,, XO1

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UhDadHereYouGo020.jpg

Test riding the XO1. Team X may have appeared lax in our exposure on this site but nothing could be further from the truth.
As you can see we have taken a much different path with our creation.
Raw patina, recycled rusty parts (most of which were actually pulled out of my front yard), a vision of the athstetic phenom that was the heyday of the American bicycle industry, and of course in concurance with the build off theme "The Underground Bicycle Scene" all played a part in the general direction of this build. While we greatly respect the work that is clearly being carried out with huge amounts of creative precision at the Team Blacksmith shop we at Team X fell confident that the contest will be a tight one. One thing is certain, I am a bicycle enthusiast among bicycle enthusiasts so this machine if nothing else will ride and work well. Within the confines of course of what can be expected from a side hack. On the other hand even if Team Blacksmiths bike failed to manage a single pedal stroke foreward it would still be a sight to behold and would; if that were the case still be quite stiff competition.
The side car frame is also made from an old frame from the yard. And the handle bars, stem, bottom bracket, head set, chain ring and crank, canoe, thats right the canoe came from the yard as well, and nearly every other part was scrounged from my garden. Only some tin plate, copper plate, wood bits, adult trike rear end parts, seat base, apolstery matterial, fuel tank/ plumbing parts, and a tiny bit of tubing came from elsware but they were recycled matterials as well. The XO1 is a green bike if you will. and she is no trailer queen. Just as soon as I finish a few final touches I plan a test ride down dead mans hill.
At this time I am having a problem finding a side car passenger for the maiden launch. Any takers?

What's the bike on the wall with the huge tank and oil tank? I wanna see pics of that!

BIGBAGOFPICTURES099.jpg

The bike you refer to is a replica Harley board track bike that is one of many I make. This particular one is awaiting its mock v twin motor. I also make Indians, cyclones, Excelsiors etc. With mock motors or two stroke Whizzer style units . And will attach pictues of at least one or two more.
The seat on the Harley has since been covered in leather.
Rick...

025.jpg

Here is one of the Indian versions. The tank will soon be repainted. I removed it to make a mold . She will do a bout 35mph .

bikebuildlatest005.jpg

Another bit of detail on the XO1 tank after the addition of a special control button.??? After burner? or maybe ejection seat? could also be a radar targeting switch, or cloacking device? Or it could just be a red button that does absolutly nothing but look cool.

Awesome builds Rick, I'm sure you're a member at motoredbikes.com if not they would love your stuff. I'm sure boardtrackfan will be chiming in soon :D

I love the "mad cyclest" pic of you on the bike... So what does 5N4FU mean??

Really sweet Rick. I expected no less... A cool creation and Rat to the Bone. I think we have a real contest on our hands..

Team Blacksmith..

When you try to build a bike with a side car in a 12x20 foot garage that is already filled to capacity with superfalous bicycle and motorcycle stuff, tools, and friends. And you try to do it in a short time frame with mostly materials you dig out of the yard and only the metal working skills you learn as you build it. The general term that best describes the scene is "S.N.A.F.U." or as mad mack pointed out,, "(S)ittuation (N)ormal (A)ll (F)@#$%'ed (U)p".
Rick...

Sorry Mad Mick. I called you Mad Mack in that last post.
Rick...
Thanks for your input.

rick said:
Sorry Mad Mick. I called you Mad Mack in that last post.
Rick...
Thanks for your input.

No problem Rick, it was a delight and an honour to have my handle misspelt by such a fine builder of two wheeled rattiness. :mrgreen:

Regards, Mick.

OK Team' X
Welcome sorry for the Mix up in posting,
So as all you might Know, This is Team-X with their XO-1 build this is looking great,
You really made good use of the two can's of paint the sponcors gave out, they were sorry for not carrying more on hand,
As for your Build looking good,
Your build and the Black Smiths build are in one heck of a build race to the Top West Coast Build for Title of the 2008 Bicycle build off.
For all who dont know these tow team's
Team-x and the Black Smiths are in a one month Bicycle Build off competing for the prize 2008 Bicycle build off.
The Show will be posted after the winnir is named and Both team's are donating there builds to the Kid's at risk program's winter auction
The Service Board.org
So stay tuned for a heck of a race [no pon intended] and see who will be the "Well" you know the rest.
Team's we have one more task for you before the 4th of September.
look in your e-mail boxxes
Renagade Muscle

[email protected]

OK Teams,
See you here. at Alki Tavern
September 4th
New Belgin Beer will be giving us an party to show case your Bike build's.
6:00pm start's
This is the first time you'll be show casing your build's to the public and should get some great feed bake.
Good luck
See you there
Renagade Muscle.com

Rick, Great bunch of bikes. That Harley is awesome. It looks similar to my Fire bike that I call Boardtracker X. I would love to see your Cyclone replica. I've been planning to build a Cyclone now for a couple of years. I'm still collecting parts for that one. In the mean time check these out.
cyclonedecalsedit.jpg

Where can a guy get his hands on some of those decals? I am an artist and have drawn the graphics for the Cyclone decals but have not seen the smaller crest decal or the small ribbon one. I seem to have misplaced the pictures of the Cyclone but will look again and try to send you some. I sold the last one and it was stolen in shipment. She was a yellow version and was one of my favorites so far. I can build another for around $2000 plus with two stroke motor and some neat details.
Rick...

Latest posts

Back