SUV aka WinterFixie

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

I got my latest build driveable today.

Idea came when I win those 80mm rigidas from one competition.
I'm so into this Fixed Bikes at the moment that I wanted to use them in that field.
So, 80mm rigidag + offroad tires + Fixie = Bicycle SUV?!

Tires are Nokian Gazzaloddis 3x24". Because bike will not be light as feather I wanted
to have brake on front. Because rim is so wide I used drum brake (disk would be too hitek)
Rear hub is NOS steel Fix-Fix. On rear I machined 23 theeth offset sproket.
BB is widenned 2cm, front sproket is 52 Sugino at the moment but I will probably change it
for 46 theeth. Frame I made completely by my self, I used 2 old street bike frames as a material.

Updates will come.

pIMGP6679.jpg

pIMGP6699.jpg

pIMGP6700.jpg

pIMGP6702.jpg

pIMGP6704.jpg

pIMGP6708.jpg

pIMGP6709.jpg

Here big PHOTOS

-Olli

that is one sic bike. how much did ya have to spread the forks an rear to fit those wheels? what a wild lookin bad to the bone ride this is. wow.

Outlaw 8)

Oh...wow! :D That thing looks like you have to put some force into the pedals just to make it roll downhill! :lol: Looks cool, I like the stance!

/Petter

That is tough and sweet all in one.......... Question, where can I find wheels like those? I'm looking at building a motorized and want lots of rubber on the road. :lol:

Hey, slowing speed is working quite well. Actually today when I change 46-23 gearing, its stoping really well. Its many fun to skid it on sand roads!
Tomorrow I hopefully get front brake working on it.

-Olli

I'm sorry but you exceed the maximum fat tire coolness allowed on this website. If you pack up the bike and send it to me I might be willing to look the other way. :D :D :D :D :D

Wow, I am impressed. I have wanted to do something similar for a while now and the cost of the wheels/tires has been holding me back. Where did you find the tires? The last time I found some online they were $50 each. :shock:

how do you not want to "kill everything all the time" with that bike :shock:

less parts but more cool than the pugsley imo too :D

moleman said:
Where did you find the tires? The last time I found some online they were $50 each. :shock:

Hey, those tires are Finnish made - Nokian (ex-Nokia, same who makes phones) Gazzaloddi's..
Yes, they were expensive, 38euros (55$!) but I didnt have choise, I needed them.

-Olli

Latest posts

Back