Seat tube slot

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well recently acquired an AMF Roadmaster bike with the quill seat post. I was thinking of drill a small hole right above the weld and cutting a slot with a dremel. That way I can have more seat post options. Has anyone done this or have any advice?
Thanks

Well recently acquired an AMF Roadmaster bike with the quill seat post. I was thinking of drill a small hole right above the weld and cutting a slot with a dremel. That way I can have more seat post options. Has anyone done this or have any advice?
Thanks

The only problem I see is the amount of tube that can be slotted, it's less than the usual frame. If it's enough to compress and hold the stem is the question. I remember all my AMF quill seat stems being short, I always needed the seat higher.
If you could taper the bottom of a longer stem to fit the wedge, then get a longer bolt, you could use a longer stem.

Agree, a wedge could be added to other posts, cut on an angle. I had to shorten a quill stem to slam it down, was pretty straightforward. Could do an aluminum post if you can get the right ID tube.

Latest posts

Back