Scwhinn "Henderson" Bikes... Tell me all you know! UPDATE!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me a moment, but I looked back and saw that sweet piece of steel. I usually click on first unread or most recent, I'm sure many others do the same. Looks like some pretty good width on that bad boy. 8)

Chad, I'm sure it wasn't my first time, I was going through E-mails.
The frame you have looks like the frame Schwinn used for the Motorbike From 1933 to WWII. Henderson must of still been around about then to use that type of frame. I'm going to ask a friend of mine if he knows anything about Henderson inthat time frame. Did you get the fork or anything else for it?

Wow! I thought it had to be prewar because of the Henderson script, it does have a schwinn water decal on the seat post tube also. Nope all I got was the frame unfortunately.

That's it, the 38-06 has the scallops just like mine on the trfindley.com site thank you for posting that.

Anyone know what it's worth? Wondering if I got a good deal or not?

If you're going to repaint it, first take it to your local truck lettering guy and have him make some Henderson decals that match the one on the frame. Your frame is a standard Schwinn prewar straight bar. I'd say it's worth $100 tops. The last two I bought were $50 each but that's been a while. The prewar frame that is more valuable is the cantilever. A lot less common. Gary

It is desirable, a lot of people would be interested in it as it stanfs but value is relative. Everything that makes it valuable is missing and very expensive to replace. 100 range is probably accurate. If you are serious about repainting, you might be better off selling this one on ebay because of the original paint and decals and picking up something that needs repaint for cheap because I for one really love the original paint bikes.

the only reliable way to find the current value of a frame is to check completed auctions on ebay. when those have popped up in recent months i'd expect close to 200 + 30 or so for a decent henderson badge. nice find :)

Thanks for the help fellas.... I'll probably just sell it cause I don't want to strip the coolness off of it.

i have an Excelsior that looks just like that...like another poster stated, Schwinn bought the two companies (not at the same time)...they had the Excelsior-Henderson motorcycle company (and THEY came back for a bit)...i THINK (and someone please correct me if i am wrong) it was that part of the company that put the whizzer out...Schwinn mad so many bikes for so many people it is sometimes hard to keep track

Latest posts

Back