RRBBO7 HYPE UP THREAD!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peatbog said:
kingfish254 said:
Another sidecar question.
Is there any practical reason why most sidecars are mounted on the right side of the a bike/motorcycle?

Probably because it is easier for the motorcycle rider to see around the traffic in front of him, especially when trying to pass.

But that would mean on the island countries that drive on the wrong side of the road, they should be on the other side, but I don't think they are.

Maybe so. The Nannie McPhee sidecar is on the left.

I'm guessing it has to do with making the vehicle essentially left-hand drive or right-hand drive. Putting it on the right puts the rider in the center of the road, like your normal car driving position. In RHD countries, putting it on the left side does the same thing. Thus, the English cars are backwards...

Where it might get confusing is in places that drive LHD vehicles on the left side of the road. I was on St Thomas & St John a few summers ago, and man was that an experience, especially in a crap-can Jeep Wrangler..

Good to know, and since I'm all about the USDM I'm sticking with RHSC. Plus, since this bike will be used with my kids, I don't want to put them out into traffic.

Looks like there are going to be two BO7 sidecars with RRB headbadges!!! :wink:

But only one will be 007! :p

Unless some modification is done to a 9. :shock:

kingfish254 said:
Looks like there are going to be two BO7 sidecars with RRB headbadges!!! :wink:

But only one will be 007! :p

Unless some modification is done to a 9. :shock:

What?

(I like pink.)

A little birdie told me that you got the 009 badge. I assumed it was for your sidecar.

kingfish254 said:
A little birdie told me that you got the 009 badge. I assumed it was for your sidecar.

Little birdy... haha I don't know that this badge will go on my sidecar bike, I actually think the iron cross badge that comes on the Jesse James chopper will fit the build better. Maybe I should sell the headbadge off my West German JC Higgins strike bike to make up for the money I just spent on the RRB badge.

With out giving away to much if I can find the time & enter I may use this side car in some way.. :D

9-22-10017-1.jpg

tanksalot said:
With out giving away to much if I can find the time & enter Im going to use this side car in some way.. :D

9-22-10017-1.jpg

Cool another entry into our sub build off.

Temptation got the best of me and I bought more of the Felt 24x3s. The color match is very close with the Fat Franks that I have, so I might have two 24x3 on the rear and a Fat Frank on the front.

Just fitted the tires I was gonna use for RRBBO7 and tried them on the frame I'll probably use..... :( . Not doin' it for me. Then tried another set of wheels and tires on the same frame......... :D :D :D

KJV said:
due to, schedule overload ;not able to participate in #7 :( :arrow:

That bites! Hopefully you can find a way to sneak one in!!!

bean said:
Just fitted the tires I was gonna use for RRBBO7 and tried them on the frame I'll probably use..... :( . Not doin' it for me. Then tried another set of wheels and tires on the same frame......... :D :D :D

Don't tell everyone!! You're not supposed to start ANYTHING until May 1st. :shock: :eek: :D

Latest posts

Back