RRBBO Compiled Winners List

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
udallcustombikes said:
It is nice to see them all together, but you forgot all the secondary build off winners- space bike, kids bike, anything goes...

I knew someone would start crying for additions, and it's a moderator! haha Do you know how long this took to make?! :lol:

Other builds can be added, I just wanted to do the yearly build-offs now since we are about to start another, and when it's over I plan to update with the new winners.

Just rattling your cage a little. I have made a couple compilation threads and I know the effort that goes into them. Nice work!

udallcustombikes said:
Just rattling your cage a little. I have made a couple compilation threads and I know the effort that goes into them. Nice work!

Had it been anyone else (Peatbog) I would've been upset, but I knew what you were up too. I'll leave the "other" build-off compilation to someone else.

Went back and looked at the top 3 from each year.......

Only one bike, and not one winner, had a rear rack!!! That seems a little strange to me!

.....or is that an observation that should tell me to reconsider that part of my build?

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

brett4christ said:
Went back and looked at the top 3 from each year.......

Only one bike, and not one winner, had a rear rack!!! That seems a little strange to me!

.....or is that an observation that should tell me to reconsider that part of my build?

Hmmmmmmmmm.........

Wow, I didn't notice that! Maybe that explains why my bike wasn't in the top 3 last year!

That's it, somebody's gettin' a sympathy rack vote, gotta' be the best one , however.

Due to my cargo situation, I have to have a trunk.

Peatbog said:
Anyway, looking over the winners, it is apparently that these are really not terribly "wild" bikes. They are all just done very, very well. So it appears that doing things very, very well is more important than any wild skills that few possess. Looks like imagination is helpful also.

Exactly, or at least that's my take on it. Execution is everything. Incredible, over the top ideas are great, but only if you can pull them off well. But if it comes down to it, I'll pick simple but done well over crazy done halfassed.

+1 on imagination, too, but that's where I run short sometimes (too much engineer, not enough artist sometimes), but that's where I look for some sort of inspiration.

really cool comp man. thanks for taking the time to do this. now i can see how the builds have progressed from year to year. peatbog and expjawa hit the nail on the head. car shows are judged the same way. clean and well executed always wins the day. you can be as radical as you want, but you'd better have all your i's dotted and t's crossed. lol. this is a great forum.

Thank you, yoothgeye, for your efforts in presenting this thread to us all – those “Builds” have set a very high standard indeed!

Killer cool ride – a kinetic sculptural masterpiece in black and chrome; well done, bighit.
sidewalk.jpg

I re-read my build thread from the first build off, it brought back a lot of good memories...
I miss chatting with all those guys...
This forum has always been an amazing resource, and a wealth of ideas, info and advice.
Thank you Steve.

I noticed for whatever reason the video in my build thread isn't working. Here it is again for anyone who was wondering...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/ ... V02514.mp4

october

Latest posts

Back