RESCUED WORKSMAN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Heres' a Worksman I Fixed up for a buddy of mine, with BMX front sprocket, Lg rear sprocket, BMX stem and XL apehangers

IMG_0013c2.jpg

IMG_0011c2.jpg

the reason he wanted a big basket:

IMG_0004c2.jpg

But Wait!,..... where did I find this Rough jewel???
among 130, yes, One Hundred Thirty, old Worksman and Schwinn cruisers piled in a So Cal Defence Industry corporation compound.
:shock:

CIMG0119c2.jpg

....AND YES THATS ALL I'M SAYING...[I was told to keep it classified] [no i didn't, I purchased it ]

:wink:

Outsider...talk to me!

I live about the same distance from my House to The Border( Washington State ) as it is from Mission Bay San Diego to Mexico.

Pack a few of those bad boys up,jump on the I-5 and head north.

You have a place to stay...FREE!

nice bike...and a great little Graveyard find!

All A$$kissin aside, my doors always open to a guest, and I'm sure my girlfriend could muster up a few friends you can ride with... :mrgreen:

thanks for sharing the pic....It's nice to see they still exist!

:) Neat bike, the white socks really
set it off. It's good to know their is still
lot's of bikes like that out there,

Vroom

Re: bikes

tnt1 said:
Do they have any cycle trucks where you found that bike thanks lmk Tony

Cycle trucks???? :?: :( ....refresh my memory :roll:

cycle trucks were strange cruisers using a 26 inch rear and a 20 inch front. super long head tube and short 20 inch fork with a huge basket that was attached to the frame and not the handlebars. this made it possible to carry much heavier loads and made them much easier to deal with now that the weight was taken off the bars. i have a basket case schwinn cycle truck i am peicing back together and need a basket. if you come across one let me know. not sure what year mine is yet i think it is a 41 or so.
man you really need to snag a few of those the shop i work at would love to get some of those frames at least. pm me if interested.

wow thanks for posting the ad i had no idea they made the cycle truck so late. i find it interesting that it came only in red, and notice that it has a small stingray style sprocket. also cool that it shows the size of the basket i have a feeling i might have to have one made for mine lol.

THE BIKES IN GROUP FOTO

the bikes in the large group foto are for sale.. CHECK-bike classifieds... all proceeds are donations to a Youth group in So Cal. :D SORRY they dont ship :x :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back