Pro Member Means What?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It will mean that those who subscribe for $20/year will be able to have their own photo gallery in the Gallery section of the forum (see top) and will also be able to attach images to their posts instead of using a hosting service like Photobucket.

Kingfish and the Renaissance Man are acting as guinea pigs at the moment. :grin:

It will mean that those who subscribe for $20/year will be able to have their own photo gallery in the Gallery section of the forum (see top) and will also be able to attach images to their posts instead of using a hosting service like Photobucket.

Kingfish and the Renaissance Man are acting as guinea pigs at the moment. :grin:

I see. How much will it cost to be a moderator? :21:

:cool2:I guess I won't be one of the Cool kids...How much is it to be an Outlaw...Can I change my Rating ...to Ratting.

Also, I get the fact that many people refuse to pay anything to use forums, so for those folks, nothing has changed for them. They can use the forum just like they always have.

For the folks who want a couple of extra photo related perks, there will be the Pro Membership. Storing large quantities of photos on the server costs money. This is why there will be an annual fee to have those perks. I'd love to give it away to everyone for free, but my three kids need to eat. :p

Also, I get the fact that many people refuse to pay anything to use forums, so for those folks, nothing has changed for them. They can use the forum just like they always have.

For the folks who want a couple of extra photo related perks, there will be the Pro Membership. Storing large quantities of photos on the server costs money. This is why there will be an annual fee to have those perks. I'd love to give it away to everyone for free, but my three kids need to eat. :p

I don't think anybody is really questioning the idea or reasons for the "Pro Membership", especially since you aren't taking away anything from the others. This is something you added to the site and I think we all know this stuff isn't free.

You'd be surprised how many folks chew me out via PM because of my so called "greed." :rolleyes:

You may want to reconsider sending those bikes after all. :crazy2:

Also, I apologize up front for any noticeable attitude issues.

It's been a long four days and I've been pulling some late nights trying to get this place running.

Thankful for all you folks out there helping each other learn the system and giving positive vibes.

I have to say that this forum has a lot of new nifty features and settings including the pro feature. I have not been as active as I think I should be since I have received tons of help from this site and donating is just another way of saying thanks.

Steve, I'm glad to be part of this site for 5 years now and watching it grow the way it has.

Cool, been meaning to support the site a lithe better. I tag rrb and ratrodbikes on everything on instagram, share the FB posts with my friends, I'm going to pay the 20$ here in a few days when i sell some things on the Bay.

In this world "Ya got to pay to play"

This is the first I've heard of what I'd like to call a "Serious Members" fee. I think it's great, heck guys, on the HAMB our alliance fee's are $50.00 per year. Granted we get a membership dash plaque with it, but all have they're own ways.

Supporting the community you live in, is not greed on the communities part!

My only question is, Steve where and how can I send the $$$, The sites coming along nicely and I would like to be a part of this. No more bouncing from pic hosts to site, that's worth it in itself.

Last edited:
I appreciate the support guys!

I've been reluctant to broadcast the Pro Membership just yet because it's still sort of in beta mode. Wanting to make sure I get all of the kinks worked out before I really promote it. I'm still trying to figure out just how much the additional storage is going to cost. I also need to figure out how much memory to allow each member to have.

The biggest concern is the image attachment option. Thousands of images will end up being hosted as a result.

I'll post a forum notice once I'm ready to do a full roll out.

Latest posts

Back