parts haul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
not a bike, but a bunch of pretty cool parts...

This weekend I went to a big bike swap called Stop Swap and Save at the Carroll County Ag Center in Westminster, MD. I got there later than I wanted, but I still managed to get some cool stuff for current and future projects.
20190214_202559.jpg

The 26" whitewalls and the 20" fatty were in a pile marked FREE TIRES. Who was I to argue? Whitewalls will look great on my daughter's Collegiate, the 20 is perfect for a muscle bike build.
20190214_202709.jpg

Sugino spider and chainring, Fairdale bars, and Jamis stem for a strandie type build.
20190214_202743.jpg
20190214_202754.jpg
20190214_202810.jpg

S-A 3-speed shifters. Need one for an old Ross project, bought one just to have it.
20190214_202819.jpg

These weren't from the swap, I actually found them on my front porch. Bought them off Fleabay for a BFK>early Scrambler tribute bike. I think the white letters are cool looking.
20190214_202824.jpg

There's also some Dia-Compe brake levers and some random center pull brake hardware just because. Hoping this stuff will keep me busy tinkering for a while.

Good grabs. The fairdale mx bars are sweet! Low rise, good for some off road use.
Those center pull brackets that attach to the seatclamp bolt are a good find!

Aw...man! I can't believe I missed that event again, through my own inattentiveness. The 2020 info has already been posted to their site, so I really ought to set my alarm clock for next Feb.

Good grabs. The fairdale mx bars are sweet! Low rise, good for some off road use.
Those center pull brackets that attach to the seatclamp bolt are a good find!

I've had a front/rear set of centerpulls kicking around here for a while. I want to put them on a 10-speed I found recently that will replicate the one I used to haul my butt all over Long Island as a kid. I've been looking for the center yokes and the cable hanger brackets; now all I need is the one that hangs off the headset.

Aw...man! I can't believe I missed that event again, through my own inattentiveness. The 2020 info has already been posted to their site, so I really ought to set my alarm clock for next Feb.

I wasn't planning on going myself till the last minute. Next year I will shoot out a reminder on the Events board. (There's actually a couple of swaps coming up that maybe I should do that for...)

Latest posts

Back