One of my Worksman builds

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've started getting the 'internal server error' before I even hit the done button, now. I think it does it when it is automatically saving the draft...I guess I should be happy, cuz it at least saves me some typing :headbang:.

More importantly...outstanding looking Worksman! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: What forks are you running?

Jason

Those are the On-One segmented & rigid jawn. I picked'm p cheap a few years back.. Wish I'd gotten a few more of them at that price. Thanks for the kind words about my bicycle!

A couple more detail pics from B808's 1st post..
LDbNAGH[1].jpg

LHxiu8G[1].jpg

Last edited:
B808. Wondering who makes the front hub and the hydraulic front disc brake setup. Does the fork have 100mm spacing? I assume it is a 1-1/8th" steer tube?

Last edited:
B808. Wondering who makes the front hub and the hydraulic front disc brake setup. Does the fork have 100mm spacing? I assume it is a 1-1/8th" steer tube?
Sorry for the delayed response, SKPC... I just saw the question.

The fork is spaces at 100mm, it is 1.125" set up for threadless.

Both the front and rear hubs are Shimano XT HB-M756. These were the last 6 bolt hubs that Shimano made before going to center lock. XT is now far beyond the 750-series of parts, but they keep making these for 6 bolt hold outs. I like then because they have high flanges with cool window cut outs, and also oversize axles. They ship from factory with 9mm quick release axles but the hardware and over part of the axle are 10mm, so I swapped on a 10mm chromoly axle, which fit the front fork without modification...

The front disc is a cable-actuated Avid BB7, still my favorite disc brake, all these years later. Hydros have a lot of advantages, but for ease of set up and maintenance, plus road- or trail-side repairs, cables are tough to beat...

Hope this helps...

Thanks b808. I was confused about the brakes. They looked like they were hydraulic cause you couldn't see the cable in the pic., and they also looked like
BB7-s. Bomber components..

Latest posts

Back